Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 07:52 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,190 times

Advertisements

I'm in the process of of possibly relocating with my job from Augusta, GA to Tampa, FL and would like some guidance as far as living goes. I admit I don't know much about the Tampa area's housing market, but figured I could get some accurate assistance here.

My situation:

- Girlfriend (cosmetologist) and myself (Sales rep)- mid to late 20's couple
- No children
- Job located in "East" Tampa I suppose? Near Adamo Dr/N 50th St.
- Job hours would be 7am to 5pm-ish
- I'd like to spend around $1000 or less if renting...$160k range if I had to purchase (salary is still negotiable and up in the air at this point). Most likely, I would rent until I got accustomed to the area and felt comfortable buying.
- Don't want to commute more than 30 minutes.
- Enjoy the water a lot (offshore fishing)
- No pets, although I have promised her a dog if we move

We are a pretty outgoing couple on the go a lot doing different things...enjoy nightlife, live music, sports entertainment, and the outdoors- we figure out how to do a good bit on a budget.

I'm not looking for a "trendy" neighborhood or anything, just one that is clean and fits our lifestyle and a general population around our ages (younger couples and families).

Enough info? Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 05:37 PM

121 posts, read 385,662 times
Try Soho, Hyde Park, or Temple Terrace.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:04 AM

4 posts, read 5,549 times
I know a lot of areas in Tampa that are selling for what you are looking for. Let me know if you still need help.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:32 AM

494 posts, read 1,676,519 times
Adamo and 50th I'd also look at rentals around Channelside. Possibly Ybor. I think you'd find Channelside a little more stable for rentals and it's a 10 minute walk. Both are on the East side of downtown.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:30 PM

4 posts, read 5,549 times
Ok, I have found some possibilities for your budget. If you would like to contact me directly, we can discuss all your options. My email is bjwilliams1323@yahoo.com .

Old 04-12-2011, 06:37 AM

Just wanted to bump this post as my situation has been upgraded from "possible" to "highly likely move within a month."

At this point, I'd be interested in rental properties (house if possible) for 6 month lease until I'm ready to buy. Can anyone suggest rental agencies or web sites for this? I have a bad taste in my mouth for apartments in regards to how most are operated, but will go that route if I have to.

For what it's worth, is living very near the water (walking/biking distance) possible for an affordable price? I know there is a lot of coast line around Tampa, but I also know a lot is occupied by high-rises, commercial properties, and big spenders. Only reason I ask is because I may bring my boat initially and would like easy access to put in.

And just to summarize...I should be looking at Channelside, Hyde Park, SoHo, Temple Terrace, and Ybor for housing in relation to my work area (50th/Adamo area)? I'm assuming driving from the western portion of my job location would be easier than coming from the east towards Tampa in the mornings...and vice versa?

Thanks again for your advise!

Old 04-12-2011, 07:24 AM

121 posts, read 385,662 times
If you are looking for water access then channel side or temple terrace. temple terrace has a boat ramp at riverhills park in the hillsborough river, but takes 40 minutes to get to the bay by boat. Should only take you less than 20 minutes to reach 50th/Adamo from either destination.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:09 PM

463 posts, read 1,052,849 times
I pmed you link for realtor postings. They do post condos/houses for rent and majority of them have private owner.

Best luck!

Old 04-12-2011, 01:36 PM

Thanks, I appreciate it. It sure is nerve racking to think about a move like this...luckily the job part will be taken care of, but finding a place to live, scheduling utilities, moving my belongings, changing car registration, licensing, and all that good stuff- not looking forward to it.

On the other hand, I'm pretty excited about it...I love the Tampa area and almost moved there to work for a company called Cast Crete when I graduated college. Fortunately, I didn't make THAT move as I now see they are being investigated for fraud and squandering millions of dollars away in some scheme! Ouch!

I've lived in South Carolina most of my life and the coast is really important to me...can't really live without it. Excited to go offshore into the Gulf once I move down and get into the swing of things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: