Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 04:03 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemFL View Post
This is incorrect. Please educate yourself on the subject before you post false information.
What is wrong about this info...perhaps your wishes for it to be wrong is what you hope for....we in real estate and home owners, investors know that it is reality...Lala land was in 2005, not in 2012!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 04:36 AM

23 posts, read 71,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What is wrong about this info...perhaps your wishes for it to be wrong is what you hope for....we in real estate and home owners, investors know that it is reality...Lala land was in 2005, not in 2012!
Or you could check into what you sign before you sign it and educate yourself before you commit to a community like we did? My HOA/CDD will never rise to make up for someone else's. Or perhaps you would like to work on your grasp of the English language before you attempt to make another retort? If you have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation, please do not post.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Or you could check into what you sign before you sign it and educate yourself before you commit to a community like we did? My HOA/CDD will never rise to make up for someone else's. Or perhaps you would like to work on your grasp of the English language before you attempt to make another retort? If you have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation, please do not post.
Wow most people wish they had your crystal ball and could tell what the HOA will do in the future...

Facts are that many HOA have raised their dues due to others owners not paying...they just had no choice.

I understand you are not a professional and therefore you can flap your gums and say what ever you want, any professional will not say what you are saying because you don't know if your HOA will have to increase the dues in order to keep paying all bills.

You actually sound like many professionals who made statements in 2004 and 2005 about the future and see how far they were from the truth.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
HemFL seems to like their little slice in Connerton. Good for them! Everyone likes different things. We drove through the Connerton subdivision and thought it was pretty decent. They still have a lot of building to do, but the good news is that at least they are still building. It looks like it could be a nice place to live.

The fact is... the people who are currently talking bad about Connerton wouldn't live in Land O'Lakes anyhow. If you ar going to live in LOL I would say Connerton is almost as good as any. All of the large communities near Connerton have pretty high CDD. This makes their taxes extremely high. We looked at a home in Bellantrae and the taxes were over $4K a year on a $160K house...plus HOA fee's on top of that.

For us.... that wasn't going to work. For others, it may be worth it to them to live in newer a Master Planned community. To each his own. All in all, I can see how Connerton could be desirable. Buying a brand new home is always nice (had one before). It appears to be a community full of young families. I'm sure it will be completed and when it is... it will be nice community..... in Land O Lakes.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
HemFL seems to like their little slice in Connerton. Good for them! Everyone likes different things. We drove through the Connerton subdivision and thought it was pretty decent. They still have a lot of building to do, but the good news is that at least they are still building. It looks like it could be a nice place to live.

The fact is... the people who are currently talking bad about Connerton wouldn't live in Land O'Lakes anyhow. If you ar going to live in LOL I would say Connerton is almost as good as any. All of the large communities near Connerton have pretty high CDD. This makes their taxes extremely high. We looked at a home in Bellantrae and the taxes were over $4K a year on a $160K house...plus HOA fee's on top of that.

For us.... that wasn't going to work. For others, it may be worth it to them to live in newer a Master Planned community. To each his own. All in all, I can see how Connerton could be desirable. Buying a brand new home is always nice (had one before). It appears to be a community full of young families. I'm sure it will be completed and when it is... it will be nice community..... in Land O Lakes.
I agree with you that the other poster seems to like his community a lot and nothing wrong about that and I wish everybody will love where they live, but reality is that many people started to hate their homes due to the loss of value and the they feel they are entitled to live for free...not mortgage payments , no HOA dues to pay...no payments except for their Internet bill and utilty bill to pay, because what is life without using you IPAD, computer and sitting in a hot home isn't so nice, but who cares about the neighbors HOA's dues going up as long as they don't have to pay!

We have one client right now who is doing a short sale after he himself declined the refinancing offer their lender provided and started the short sale procedure and they have a foreclosure lawyer helping them for the legal side.
An offer was made, accepted and now the lender is not going to waive the entire remainder of the loan but he has a small amount that he will have to pay and again either by his lawyers advise or himself being an a$$, he is denying their offer because he wants to pay less, so I assume the lender will not take it. They already had a provision in it that if he files for bankruptcy he has to sign that this judgment can't be incl.

This is frustrating because people like this live for years for free and it seems that is still not enough..oh btw he is now asking for a rental for $ 2000.00 per month while he claims he can't pay a $50.00 monthly payment for the judgment...when you hear stories day in and out and see it in writing, not just a gossip or hearsay story, that is frustrating!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:21 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,720 times
The real sad thing is, eventually the developer will end up selling the lots to a real low end builder who will build tiny cheap death trap homes with zero lot lines and section 8 the whole thing, making it the biggest "planned ghetto" since progress village.

Watch it happen.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 PM

23 posts, read 71,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree with you that the other poster seems to like his community a lot and nothing wrong about that and I wish everybody will love where they live, but reality is that many people started to hate their homes due to the loss of value and the they feel they are entitled to live for free...not mortgage payments , no HOA dues to pay...no payments except for their Internet bill and utilty bill to pay, because what is life without using you IPAD, computer and sitting in a hot home isn't so nice, but who cares about the neighbors HOA's dues going up as long as they don't have to pay!

We have one client right now who is doing a short sale after he himself declined the refinancing offer their lender provided and started the short sale procedure and they have a foreclosure lawyer helping them for the legal side.
An offer was made, accepted and now the lender is not going to waive the entire remainder of the loan but he has a small amount that he will have to pay and again either by his lawyers advise or himself being an a$$, he is denying their offer because he wants to pay less, so I assume the lender will not take it. They already had a provision in it that if he files for bankruptcy he has to sign that this judgment can't be incl.

This is frustrating because people like this live for years for free and it seems that is still not enough..oh btw he is now asking for a rental for $ 2000.00 per month while he claims he can't pay a $50.00 monthly payment for the judgment...when you hear stories day in and out and see it in writing, not just a gossip or hearsay story, that is frustrating!
I believe this should be illegal and people who do not "want" to pay their bills and do not do so should have substantial legal action taken against them. I would LOVE to see those who are currently cheating and have cheated the system receive a knock at the door one day by a local/federal agency with a warrant when they decide to "not pay". Nobody "WANTS" to pay their bills but responsible hard-working american's like myself will continue to do so because it is the RIGHT thing to do. I love my community and what they are trying to do and you're right, I don't like it when someone bad mouths where I worked so hard to live; especially with asinine statements like the poster above me (not the poster I have placed in quotations). I wish only the best for my community and the real estate market as a whole, this is something I think we can all agree on.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:42 PM

I agree with you and get so annoyed when we have to keep our mouth shut and run day in day out into clients who just stop paying and want expensive rentals for after the short sale has closed while haven't paid one dime for HOA and mortgages for years...and claim it is someone else's fault...just as this president is always. Claiming that these innocent home owners....
Quote:
I believe this should be illegal and people who do not "want" to pay their bills and do not do so should have substantial legal action taken against them. I would LOVE to see those who are currently cheating and have cheated the system receive a knock at the door one day by a local/federal agency with a warrant when they decide to "not pay". Nobody "WANTS" to pay their bills but responsible hard-working american's like myself will continue to do so because it is the RIGHT thing to do. I love my community and what they are trying to do and you're right, I don't like it when someone bad mouths where I worked so hard to live; especially with asinine statements like the poster above me (not the poster I have placed in quotations). I wish only the best for my community and the real estate market as a whole, this is something I think we can all agree on.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 PM

19 posts, read 35,554 times
I live in Connerton. Currently I pay $80/monthly in HOA fees. It could increase - yes - but in the past 5 years it has not. So it seems unlikely it will anytime soon. Hayman Woods ( developer) funded an increase in operating budget to open the clubhouse to allow for longer access times for the Gym & Pool - along with the increased budget for additional staffing; whereas they could have passed this onto the HOA but chose not to.

In addition they have signed letters of intent with 3 builders to to get things rolling for new homes and apartment buildings in the undeveloped areas. This should begin in the 2nd quarter of 2012.

I cant speak to the CDD being possibly raised but as of right now my cdd runs me a little less than $125/monthly

Old 03-10-2012, 03:53 PM

Wow thAt is higher than what I pay in Seven Oaks and the value of the homes have stayed higher over there....

I hope for you and all others the CDD will not be increased but nothing is sure, if the developer can't deal with the loss much longer they will need to do something, the developer probably is trying to get the homes sold and is aware that any increase means a loss in value and longer time to sell.

Connection will come back just as most other communities but nobody can tell what year and if other communities are started to be build it may even take longer since some community names have been out there and buyers are aware, like Bridgewater in Wesley Chapel where the HOA did more harm than good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tre976 View Post
I live in Connerton. Currently I pay $80/monthly in HOA fees. It could increase - yes - but in the past 5 years it has not. So it seems unlikely it will anytime soon. Hayman Woods ( developer) funded an increase in operating budget to open the clubhouse to allow for longer access times for the Gym & Pool - along with the increased budget for additional staffing; whereas they could have passed this onto the HOA but chose not to.

In addition they have signed letters of intent with 3 builders to to get things rolling for new homes and apartment buildings in the undeveloped areas. This should begin in the 2nd quarter of 2012.

I cant speak to the CDD being possibly raised but as of right now my cdd runs me a little less than $125/monthly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay