Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 05:22 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,655,639 times

Advertisements

I knew someone who was seeing a psychiatrist (in NJ) and saw him on the evening news being arrested for selling illegal drugs on the George Washington bridge.

Stories like those make you just shake your head in disbelief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 04:07 AM

749 posts, read 2,438,961 times
I went in a Dollar General a couple months ago and as soon as I walked in a lady was asking the cashier if anyone had returned her credit card, she lost...clerk said no. I shopped for about 10 minutes and upon exiting the store, there it was brand new laying in the parking lot, had her picture on it so I went back in and returned it to the cashier (lady who lost it was long gone by then).

I started second guessing my decision afterwards, what's to say that clerk didn't go on a shopping spree with it? Probably would have been better to turn it in to her bank branch.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:03 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I wonder how many times he has commit fraud with insurance companies over dental bills....

I don't buy it that a dentist with an official clean sheet is doing this and never has done anything else..

I guess there might be insurance fraud charges in the future if the start to check this dentist out and If i were the friends parents...I would pay close attention to this father.
Exacly my thought! If he did this high risk/low reward cheat (crime), who know what he did with his business.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I once found a debit card sticking out the ATM at BoA....The person was about to drive off and I ran after them yelling to get their attention....They didn't even finish the transaction.....I only noticed it since I couldn't get my card into the machine until I finished their transaction by clicking on the button "take card".

There wasn't much time to think but I would never have taken money from anybody else....unless the money is laying in the street without a note...lol

If someone is so stupid and dishonest than they better take the time to do the time or pay the price...btw...in my case it would be so easy to get caught with every ATM having a camera and i bet the parking lots having camera's as well. But for me there wasn't time to think...and no time to hesitate...

Old 03-08-2011, 07:45 PM

121 posts, read 385,685 times
Look it at this way, he is a multi-millionaire, he can do whatever he wants. This guy is financially set for his whole life. He probably thought what the harm in this, since the credit card company would have taken the loss. The guy who lost the credit card, would have not been charged for the incident.

P.S. this is chump change to what the banks are doing to all of us tax paying citizens.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:16 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwins View Post
Look it at this way, he is a multi-millionaire, he can do whatever he wants. This guy is financially set for his whole life. He probably thought what the harm in this, since the credit card company would have taken the loss. The guy who lost the credit card, would have not been charged for the incident.

P.S. this is chump change to what the banks are doing to all of us tax paying citizens.
In your P.S. you are stating that is okay since banks are legally doing it to us so the dentist can do it in an illegal way...WOW that is sending a great example to the next generation...

Everytime the banks are charging me a fee I call them and they take it off...annoying but I pay attention to it and make sure I don't have to pay it, since the wrongly charged it to me...BUT to compare this, is simple wrong!

Old 03-09-2011, 04:53 AM

I am talking about the bail out, how does taxes relate to your finance charges? Banks are using the bail out money to trade with and not loaning it out, like it was suppose to. I am just saying this thief by the dentist is a drop in the bucket and is used for media sensationalism. If you want real news read WSJ.

This Dentist is a multi-millionaire, you think he cares about money. Why did you think he laughed, when the cops asked him if he had financial trouble. He did it for the thrill of it. The dentist is not taking money from the poor guy in a sense, since it's stolen, and the bank would have taken the loss and written it off. I don't condone stealing credit cards, since it would tarnish anybody's record, but I could care less if the banks loss money.

Last edited by starwins; 03-09-2011 at 05:16 AM..

Old 03-09-2011, 05:09 AM

794 posts, read 1,860,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwins View Post
I am talking about the bail out, how does taxes relate to your finance charges? Banks are using the bail out money to trade with and not loaning it out, like it was suppose to. I am just saying this thief by the dentist is a drop in the bucket and is used for media sensationalism.

This Dentist is a multi-millionaire, you think he cares about money. Why did you think he laughed, when the cops asked him if he had financial trouble. He did it for the thrill of it.
And this is the whole point; this guy has a very low moral barometer. What else is he capable of doing? This isn't about the money or the banks, it's about common decency and man helping man.

I once read that Dentists suffer the highest suicide rates of all the professions.

Now I can see why.....

Old 03-09-2011, 05:30 AM

Morality has a fine line. If the dentist got away, would the poor guy be out $40.00? No, he would have not, since the bank would have covered the cost. If the dentist found the poor guy's wallet with $40 in it that's a different story.

Dentists do have a high suicide rate but not the highest, doctors and soldiers are higher based on percentage as a whole group.

Last edited by starwins; 03-09-2011 at 05:42 AM..

Old 03-09-2011, 05:42 AM

540 posts, read 1,329,541 times
What a jerk. When I first saw this story I thought, I bet the dentist probably got some kind of cheap thrill doing this.

My second thought was, 40 bucks for 2 pizzas? That's highway robbery. I'll continue to make homemade pizzas and now I'll feel a little smug knowing that people pay such outrageous prices for them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: