Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 06:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,291 times

Advertisements

There is a chance that I will be coming down with my family for the months of Oct-Dec for an OT fieldwork at All Children's Hospital. As a student I will be lucky to afford $1000/month that we have set aside just for my fieldwork expenses. Can anyone give me any suggestions on how short term leases work and anything that might be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 06:43 AM

428 posts, read 1,239,559 times
I would check a site like VRBO® is Vacation Rentals By Owner (http://www.vrbo.com/ - broken link)

You can find people willing to rent a home or condo by the month and it will be inclusive of all utilities and other expenses, with the exception of a move-out/cleanup fee which is not uncommon. You won't have to worry about having electric, water, cable, etc. hooked up and then disconnected when you leave.

The only thing I am not sure about is the $1,000/month. I know there are ample properties closer to 2K a month since I have specifically looked for those before. However even a place that is $1500 all inclusive might be nearly comparable to a $1000 lease payment if you consider that you're not having to shell out $100 for cable+inet, $100 for water + sewage, and $200 or more for electric.

If you want to go the traditional route though, I know there are apartment buildings here in the Old NE that will almost certainly do short term leases and they'll be well under $1K a month. And you'd be very close to All Children's, if you're talking about the brand new one in St. Pete.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:12 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,884,662 times
Also look up corporate apartments in the area, they often do monthly and short term leases.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:34 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,686,152 times
Corporate apartments such as Village Residences can offer you a short term lease. Unfortunately your price range I believe is not going to cover the rent.

Apartment communities usually do not offer anything under a 7 month lease due to tax reasons. You may be better off renting a hotel room and pay by week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay