Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:24 AM

29 posts, read 56,991 times

Advertisements

I found all your opinions very important to me... THANKS !!!! Moving from NC to Fl was not an easy decision but I got a good job here... so I am just trying yo make the dest desicion for me and my family. Carry life was just not for me... Either if I drove to Down Town Raleigh... what for??? nothing was going on.... in winter my days were longggggggggg and boringgg.... Anyways.. I am here, and I am happy!!!

I am going to drive around and see what other options I have. So far, I am not sure about Brandenton anymore... I guess I jut going to have to take my time to make the best decision...!!!!!

Does someone knows anything about Parrish FL? and/or Tierra Verde?

Thanks again for taking the time to write....!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 08:32 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream2011 View Post
I found all your opinions very important to me... THANKS !!!! Moving from NC to Fl was not an easy decision but I got a good job here... so I am just trying yo make the dest desicion for me and my family. Carry life was just not for me... Either if I drove to Down Town Raleigh... what for??? nothing was going on.... in winter my days were longggggggggg and boringgg.... Anyways.. I am here, and I am happy!!!

I am going to drive around and see what other options I have. So far, I am not sure about Brandenton anymore... I guess I jut going to have to take my time to make the best decision...!!!!!

Does someone knows anything about Parrish FL? and/or Tierra Verde?

Thanks again for taking the time to write....!!!
I hope you are not ruling Bradenton out just because of one person's opinion. It all depends on what you want in an area. Perhaps if you could clarify what you mean by "nothing to do" we can advise you better. Also, post on the Sarasota/Bradenton forum and do a little reading there for more info. I don't think you will like Parrish, it's rural. Don't know anything about Tierra Verde.

Good luck!

Old 03-17-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
OMG - if I had a job in downtown St. Pete that is where I would live! Seriously, why would you be looking in Bradenton? For one, you will have a commute and be going over the Skyway Bridge every day. For another, downtown St. Pete is fabulous! Anyway, if I were you, I would look around St. Pete first unless you have some reason you really want Bradenton. Good luck!
Thank you !!! I take your advise... I am new here and I have not idea about areas and good/bad places............. I am already stressed...):

Old 03-17-2011, 09:29 AM

305 posts, read 610,927 times
From what I heard Parrish is not a good area. What about LWR?

Old 03-17-2011, 11:18 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,303,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPhinfan13 View Post
From what I heard Parrish is not a good area. What about LWR?
I've never heard that Parrish is a bad area, aside from its relative isolation and lack of things to do. Both it and Lakewood Ranch are pure suburbia, so you can kind of imagine what that entails.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 PM

305 posts, read 610,927 times
Isn't there overflow from Ruskin there?

Old 03-17-2011, 12:28 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,303,620 times
Maybe. I don't know. There's a poster on here, DoctorRain, who lives in Parrish. Maybe he can help you with that.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:10 PM

471 posts, read 1,661,134 times
Quote:
Safety Harbor is cute, but it is tiny, way less to do there than Bradenton, if she thinks there is nothing to do in Cary she will be bored out of her gourd in Safety Harbor. Bottom line, OP needs to look around and see what suits her family.
Aw, gypsychic, we usually agree, but not in this case.

Nothing to do in safety harbor? Well, you've got fishing off the marina pier or the bay, phillipe park, easy walking, biking, safety harbor spa, safety harbor museum, 3rd fridays, and just about every weekend festival you can think of, either in safety harbor, oldsmar, palm harbor, or dunedin. Within 5-30 minutes you have
Ruth Eckerd Hall for the performing arts, clearwater jazz festivals.
Tampa bay downs for horse racing and poker room. Tampa bay skating academy, tampa bay water ski show team-with free shows on saturdays-all in oldsmar.
golfing, leepa-rattner museum at SPC Tarpon, movie theater's. honeymoon island, anderson, chestnut, fred howard and wall springs parks.
Pinellas trail, upper tampa bay trail and the ream wilson trail-which connects with the bayshore greenway into safety harbor.
Spring traning games in dunedin, clearwater and tampa for yankees, phillies, bluejays.
ML baseball, hockey,and football , clearwater, st. pete and tampa museum's, bush gardens, clearwater beach all within an easy drive. And unless you're going during rush hr, its a nice easy drive across the causeway to international plaza, south tampa, and ybor.
And I know I don't know everything there is to do in the area.

OP, Tierra Verde is at the southernmost tip of pinellas, near ft. desoto park, lovely and expensive for vacation condos, but not for families with young children-except for vacation-in my opinion.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:28 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cariad View Post
Aw, gypsychic, we usually agree, but not in this case.

Nothing to do in safety harbor? Well, you've got fishing off the marina pier or the bay, phillipe park, easy walking, biking, safety harbor spa, safety harbor museum, 3rd fridays, and just about every weekend festival you can think of, either in safety harbor, oldsmar, palm harbor, or dunedin. Within 5-30 minutes you have
Ruth Eckerd Hall for the performing arts, clearwater jazz festivals.
Tampa bay downs for horse racing and poker room. Tampa bay skating academy, tampa bay water ski show team-with free shows on saturdays-all in oldsmar.
golfing, leepa-rattner museum at SPC Tarpon, movie theater's. honeymoon island, anderson, chestnut, fred howard and wall springs parks.
Pinellas trail, upper tampa bay trail and the ream wilson trail-which connects with the bayshore greenway into safety harbor.
Spring traning games in dunedin, clearwater and tampa for yankees, phillies, bluejays.
ML baseball, hockey,and football , clearwater, st. pete and tampa museum's, bush gardens, clearwater beach all within an easy drive. And unless you're going during rush hr, its a nice easy drive across the causeway to international plaza, south tampa, and ybor.
And I know I don't know everything there is to do in the area.

OP, Tierra Verde is at the southernmost tip of pinellas, near ft. desoto park, lovely and expensive for vacation condos, but not for families with young children-except for vacation-in my opinion.
cariad - there would be plenty for ME to do in Safety Harbor - I was addressing the OP saying she had "nothing to do in Cary" which is much larger and near Raleigh - so in other words from her point of view. Personally I LOVE Safety Harbor, and if I weren't so happy here in Sarasota could consider moving there!

OP never said what she likes to do - to me, there is plenty to do almost anywhere - some people don't think anywhere has enough to do.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
cariad - there would be plenty for ME to do in Safety Harbor - I was addressing the OP saying she had "nothing to do in Cary" which is much larger and near Raleigh - so in other words from her point of view. Personally I LOVE Safety Harbor, and if I weren't so happy here in Sarasota could consider moving there!

OP never said what she likes to do - to me, there is plenty to do almost anywhere - some people don't think anywhere has enough to do.
Well... THANKS! I like to heard your point of view. What happend in the Carry, Raleigh area.. (And is why I said is nothign to do..) is that there plenty o restaurants, and malls...and more restaurants and more malls... but it was pretty much it. I am coming from a BIG city .. very metropolitan and full of life.. walking long street malls, teathers, parks, museums, etc, ... of course I know that this area has a differents kind of fun.. like the Beach!! it is why I decided to moved here...... THe most important thing for me and my husband is to be in a good, safe, cleand neighbourhood with GOOD schools, we are focus on our kids and want to make sure they are going to be safe and that they are going to have good education...

Thanks again for taking the time to write your postings.... !!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay