U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:57 PM

205 posts, read 434,701 times

Advertisements

We are trying to decide between Citrus park area and Wesley chapel.

They both seem to have good and bad. WE loved Wesley chapel but are worred since its so new that they dont really have a lot of outdoor things to do (bike paths, nature walks etc) our kids play on travel soccer leagues, play sports for the city where we live now, I didnt see that Wesley chapel has that. I also found out they dont have a bus system for the schools unless you live in the subdivision.

Citrus Park seem to be more diverse, older neighborhoods.

What is the best area for a young family with kids? We are looking to rent between 1,000-1400/month with eventually buy for less than 200,000.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 04:20 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,188,080 times
Citrus Park is far better ONLY because it is centrally located to a LOT MORE things. WC is too far out in the middle of nothing.

However, as far as Citrus Park goes, stay close to Ehrlich and the Mall area and you will be fine, don't go down too far south on Sheldon RD (towards Hillsborough Ave) as it becomes sketchy and smelly. I'd say stay between Gunn Hwy and Linebaugh Ave.

There are a few sub divisions on Sheldon Rd right after you passed Gunn that seem nice and clean and also an apartment complex. One Zip code in that area 33625 as reference. You can take that to greatschools.net and check out to see if there's a bus, I think there is because the elementary and middle are on Ehrlich Rd and the high school is where Gunn Highway meets Sheldon but I don't think they consider it in "walking distance"? maybe others can chime on that.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:40 AM

26,796 posts, read 41,500,239 times
Wesley Chapel has a huge County park on Boyette road with all types of sport activities.

Soccer field, Football stadium, Baseball stadium, Lacrosse, tennis courts, play yard....

Any one claiming Wesley Chapel doesn't have a sport area doesn't know the area.

There is a walking trail/dog path around the facility and in New Tampa which is very close by you can go to Flatwood Wilderness Park which is very close by...

Organized sports is very active in Wesley Chapel.

Last edited by bentlebee; 03-16-2011 at 07:49 AM..

Old 03-16-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Wesley Chapel has a huge County park on Boyette road with all types of sport activities.

Soccer field, Football stadium, Baseball stadium, Lacrosse, tennis courts, play yard....

Any one claiming Wesley Chapel doesn't have a sport area doesn't know the area.

There is a walking trail/dog path around the facility and in New Tampa which is very close by you can go to Flatwood Wilderness Park which is very close by...

Organized sports is very active in Wesley Chapel.

Thats good to know! What is the name of the county park?

Old 03-16-2011, 06:31 PM

Pasco County Parks - Wesley Chapel Page (http://portal.pascocountyfl.net/portal/server.pt/community/parks/310/wesley_chapel_page - broken link)

Wesley Chapel District Park and they are very active. When the club sports are not practicing anybody can use the fields, tennis courts, etc...

They even have the biggest Lacrosse tournaments over there with teams from all around the US attending and even from Canada. (TOC and Derek Pieper tournament), many soccer tournaments, baseball leagues and Football leagues.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 AM

121 posts, read 351,372 times
Have you checked Temple Terrace. They have some homes on whiteway ave. near the recreation center for sale I believe. or Riverhills dr. Anyhow, there is a boy soccer team that well known in Tampa called the knights that is near by here.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:03 AM

2,637 posts, read 11,514,184 times
Personally, and of course everyone is different, but you couldn't pay me to live in Wesley Chapel. If my only other choice was Citrus Park I'd definitely go with that.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
Personally, and of course everyone is different, but you couldn't pay me to live in Wesley Chapel. If my only other choice was Citrus Park I'd definitely go with that.

Why is that?

Old 03-22-2011, 09:27 PM

817 posts, read 2,017,997 times
I live in Wesley Chapel, but more in the New Tampa part of it, right on county line.

You can't go wrong in either place. This area has TONS of sports activities for kids...my 10 year old son plays on a travel lacrosse team, for example. There is a nice new mall here, lots of restaurants, it's all suburban...the only real downside is that it's far from the beach...with bad traffic, it can take almost an hour to get to Clearwater beach.

All in all, it's a very nice family area, but so is Citrus Park.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I'm glad some people stay away from here..., we only want people here who appreciate it. Nobody will pay you to move here or to move.

To the OP: If you love the beach and want to go often, than it is indeed a bit further, but we don't go weekly and don't mind driving 1 hour to Fort Desoto. We did it last weekend and no traffic jams.

We always follow the news so we know when to go and when not. This weekend some roads will be closed due to racing so that means many people will be on the road going there.

The positive side of not living so close, is that usually Huricanes make more damage on the coast and that home owner insurance is way higher...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay