Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 AM
BBI

490 posts, read 940,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innertuber View Post
By the way - do you get irate at people driving in bad weather with their flashers on? Really hard to tell when they brake. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Nah. If someone's driving scared, and isn't going to pull over, I want him to do whatever it takes to let me know he's driving scared. Put on the flashers, flash your high beams, lay on your horn, whatever. Just do something so that I know you're not right and I should give you a wide berth. That said, it is frustrating how frequently people drive scared down here. Today is understandable, but driving half the speed limit because it's drizzling happens all the time and makes no sense. Still, put on your hazards so I know you're out of your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 10:19 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
We have had over our normal amount of rain for March, Apr and May in this week alone, in my area anyway. Now we will pay the price with a dry Apr and May. Be nice if we could of spread out 7.5" of rain over a few weeks time instead of just one week.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:34 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBI View Post
Nah. If someone's driving scared, and isn't going to pull over, I want him to do whatever it takes to let me know he's driving scared. Put on the flashers, flash your high beams, lay on your horn, whatever. Just do something so that I know you're not right and I should give you a wide berth. That said, it is frustrating how frequently people drive scared down here. Today is understandable, but driving half the speed limit because it's drizzling happens all the time and makes no sense. Still, put on your hazards so I know you're out of your mind.
This! If you don't drive at the speed limit or close to it (up to 10 miles less) put your blinkers on so everyone in the road know that you are not normal car. I don't understand people who say it's bad? How it's bad? You see blinkers, you move one lane to the left/right and/or slow down before you see the car. I don't see what is the difference between people letting you know that they are not behaving as usual and people that are standing on the side with the blinkers.

Bad visibility and not driving as everyone = put damn blinkers on, otherwise someone will plow in your end because no one can see you moving half of the speed

Old 03-31-2011, 10:37 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,108 times
it is illegal, however I dont care if someone puts them on or not. If they cant drive in the conditions, get off the road.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:42 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
We had a tornado come through. Thankfully the only damage I have is a dead orange tree and wooden fences down. My neighbor has some house damage. Scary stuff.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:45 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
We had a tornado come through. Thankfully the only damage I have is a dead orange tree and wooden fences down. My neighbor has some house damage. Scary stuff.
I was at Fresh Market on S Dale Mabry when it got really bad for a few minutes. The glass sliding doors blew open, knocking over all of the front displays and the power went out. I waited a few before leaving. I left and took Manhatten heading south. There was extensive flooding and cars broken down in puddles. Some traffic lights were out. I took some pictures.

Doesnt phase me, but I can see why people get scared.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:04 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,056 times
It wasn't terrible here, it went just north of us, but we have medium size branches down in the backyard and some sort of line down. It can't be power, because we have that, but I'm afraid to mess with it.

The tornado watch was extended until 8:00, I'm hoping that was overly-cautious.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:33 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
I was at Fresh Market on S Dale Mabry when it got really bad for a few minutes. The glass sliding doors blew open, knocking over all of the front displays and the power went out. I waited a few before leaving. I left and took Manhatten heading south. There was extensive flooding and cars broken down in puddles. Some traffic lights were out. I took some pictures.

Doesnt phase me, but I can see why people get scared.

I used to not be phased by wild weather but after going through Hurricane Andrew in Miami I became a wild weather wimp lol.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 AM

494 posts, read 1,676,767 times
Time to trade the umbrella for a snorkel

Old 03-31-2011, 12:04 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,387,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innertuber View Post
Nothing to do with tailgating. It's that the lights are flashing. What's the polarizing viewpoint? I'm scared so I'll turn my flashers on in case somebody decides I don't exist and tries to run me over? Just pull over and sit till it passes.

Muhahahahahahaha
the polarization comes from the fact that people tend to feel very strongly about the issue. they're either fine with it or they get super mega pissed at people who do it. very little in-between.

maybe it's not the case here in fl. in dc, people are very strongly opinionated about.... well, everything. the blinker-in-storm issue is one of those items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay