U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 07:20 PM

3 posts, read 4,144 times

Advertisements

My family is going to move next summer to the Tampa area. My step-son lives Valrico and will be going to a school near Riverview. We want to move to be closer to him and be more involved in his every day life. We are looking at the Riverview area, specifically somewhere near Lake Saint Charles. I have read a lot on this site about mixed reviews for the safety of the area. Does anyone have recent experience? Can anyone suggest some places between Tampa and Valrico that might be good to check out? I know we do not want to live in Brandon.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 06:02 AM

494 posts, read 1,506,236 times
Between Tampa and Valrico is Brandon.

How about a little more as to what you are after unless you want to live in a warehouse in Orient Park?

Have you looked at Fishhawk/Apollo Beach/Plant City?

Old 04-04-2011, 07:26 AM

13,772 posts, read 35,172,371 times
Where is the employment? Riverview is fine. There were a lot of new homes built before the 'bust' and many folks lost their homes when they lost their jobs.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:29 PM

1,450 posts, read 2,670,936 times
Lake St Charles is nice, Fishhawk is nice, many areas of Brandon/Valrico/Riverview are nice, does depend on driving for jobs though.
We just got a home in Cary what a coincidence!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender View Post
Lake St Charles is nice, Fishhawk is nice, many areas of Brandon/Valrico/Riverview are nice, does depend on driving for jobs though.
We just got a home in Cary what a coincidence!
Thanks! We will most likely be working from home so the only travel to consider would be taking the kids to school. The school is LLT Charter school. We would like an area that is similar to where we are living now.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:00 AM

Thanks for all of the input. That gives us several areas to look at while visiting. We had Lake Saint Charles on the list and will look at the other areas recommended as well. We will be working from home so the commute will not be a factor and at first we plan to rent for awhile. Our goal is to be close to the school and be in a similar area that we are in now.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:46 AM

31 posts, read 53,442 times
May I suggest checking into the Apollo Beach area even though it is more South East of where you are looking. My wife and I just moved there about a mo. ago and so far so good. We bought a new house in a nice community comparable to that of Fish Hawk Ranch, which ironically is developed by Newland Communities. I agree w/ you about staying away from Brandon and w/ Lavender on depending how far your commute to work is. If you have to rely on Interstate 60 you better get used to driving in a parking lot. I work in St. Pete and found that taking US41 is a breeze if you have that luxury.

Last edited by Bgotti; 04-20-2011 at 08:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or