Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:13 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Really? My biggest complaint is the lack of stores... Even the chains. And the fact that, after 10 pm, the "city" shuts down. To the point of you can't order a pizza after 10... On a Saturday night.
Most cities are like that unless you live in a major metro like NY, Boston, Philly, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, ect, ect..

I've been in Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, and Dallas and had the same experiences with things closing down, esp. about the pizza and delivery with the exception of the tourist areas of New Orleans of course..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 04:34 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Most cities are like that unless you live in a major metro like NY, Boston, Philly, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, ect, ect..

I've been in Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, and Dallas and had the same experiences with things closing down, esp. about the pizza and delivery with the exception of the tourist areas of New Orleans of course..
Living in Tampa, at the VERY least, I was able to order a pizza after midnight. Hungry Howies used to (not sure if they still are) be open until 3 am.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:58 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Living in Tampa, at the VERY least, I was able to order a pizza after midnight. Hungry Howies used to (not sure if they still are) be open until 3 am.
That's pretty cool, I never knew of any pizza places in the area that stayed open until 3am, Hungry Howies wasn't very good though..

Old 07-08-2011, 01:45 PM

4 posts, read 6,722 times
I was down there in Tampa back in 2006 and wasn't able to find a good job (I found one but the hours were crazy and I quit). Now, after losing my job here in Pittsburgh, I'm considering moving back. I see the population has increased and that's good. It's good to hear and see an assessment conducted and it's current!! If I cannot find a job here by the end of September, I'm considering moving back to Tampa by the end of October. Tell me, is Ybor City still considered the "ghetto?" I lived there and I found it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be ha ha ha!!! Thanks for all the input folks!!!

Old 07-10-2011, 12:32 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j8464m View Post
I was down there in Tampa back in 2006 and wasn't able to find a good job (I found one but the hours were crazy and I quit). Now, after losing my job here in Pittsburgh, I'm considering moving back. I see the population has increased and that's good. It's good to hear and see an assessment conducted and it's current!! If I cannot find a job here by the end of September, I'm considering moving back to Tampa by the end of October. Tell me, is Ybor City still considered the "ghetto?" I lived there and I found it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be ha ha ha!!! Thanks for all the input folks!!!
Yes, Ybor is still off of Nebraska.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:56 AM

452 posts, read 310,630 times
Wow, thank you for this assessment!
I'll be making my move in 6 months and right now I've just been preparing lists and I'm looking at apartments. I've found a few that look pretty nice, but can anyone tell me about Bristol Place at Tampa Palms? That's my and my SO's "top" apartment to look at as we are planning to stay with her parents for a week in Tallahassee and take a trip down to Tampa to see all the apartments or at an extended stay hotel to be closer and experience Tampa before we pick a home.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:30 PM

50 posts, read 90,991 times
Default Thank you...

Thanks to the OP...what a great post! I appreciate all of the info I've found on this thread. We are moving to Fishhawk in two weeks from Pittsburgh...

Old 07-18-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, Ybor is still off of Nebraska.
Thanks Maniacthw!! If I do move back to Tampa from Pittsburgh, I'll shoot you an email to let you know how things are.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springmac View Post
Thanks to the OP...what a great post! I appreciate all of the info I've found on this thread. We are moving to Fishhawk in two weeks from Pittsburgh...
If I move back down there, would love to hang out since we're Burgh folk ha ha ha!! Good luck with your move

Old 07-18-2011, 09:33 PM

50 posts, read 90,991 times
haha...so true! Pittsburghers have to stick together! I love seeing all of the Steeler bars in the Tampa area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay