Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:26 AM

315 posts, read 1,006,377 times

Advertisements

I agree 100 percent with Crazynip. It is awful with the humitity in the summer here. I have lived here 40 years and I also will be moving out of this state. I just can't take the heat anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 07:39 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,387,154 times
i'll take a longer (not hotter) summer vs. a miserably cold, gray dc winter any day.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:45 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
I actually turn 40 this year and have lived all but 10 years of my life in the Tampa metro area and was born in St. Pete, so take what I say at face value.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:16 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlusPlus View Post
How actually hot it is in St. Petersburg? I know here are already some posts about it, but I would like to talk about it again.
The reason is that I was in St Pete for couple of weeks in the summer, and I noticed that is not much hotter than in Minnesota in summer. To me Minnesota is even worse, because at Florida you can feel the breeze of fresh air from the gulf/ocean, in Minnesota in the summer feels like you have been sitting in apartment with closed windows for a year. It is no breeze at all.
I know I could be wrong because I have never lived at Florida. Please tell me your opinion about it. Am I right or not?
How hot is it at St. Petersburg? How is it feels?
Is Miami feels less hot then St Pete or not?
This is Florida and it gets hot. If you are a warm weather person, and don't mind heat and humidity you will like it here. St. Pete does have the benefit of being entirely surrounded by water which helps with a little breeze and moderating temperatures. I am a Florida native born in Tampa, and now living in Sarasota. I don't find it terrible down here at all, although the months of June - Aug/Sept can have some uncomfortable months to me. There is nowhere in the country where weather is "perfect", and "perfect" is subjective anyway.

As others have stated, I would take high heat and humidity ANY DAY over cold, snow, ice and freezing temperatures half the year. As I said, that is just me. You may feel differently.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:43 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
40 years and now the heat bothers you? Wow. Hey, nobody can say you didn't give it a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation bound View Post
I agree 100 percent with Crazynip. It is awful with the humitity in the summer here. I have lived here 40 years and I also will be moving out of this state. I just can't take the heat anymore.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:46 AM

What's that old saying.... "if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen"

Just substitute "kitchen" for "South East and South West United States".

Anyone who does not know that the south is hot in the summer and warmer than the north in the winter apparently hasn't been watching their T.V. weatherman during their lifetime.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:02 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
If it wasnt for other reasons I like Florida/Tampa I would have left. But the weather sucking ass for 5 months out of the year is not enough reason for me to move...

Old 04-16-2011, 10:07 AM

872 posts, read 1,713,467 times
You guys should spend some time in Orlando and then get back to me. Sure it gets hot over in St.Pete but the heat over there and near the gulf coast doesn't bother me so much as over here. Our "hot as hell" weather really kicks in at the start of April and ends late in Sept./early Oct. Actually the fall in central Florida and even Orlando is not as oppressive as advertised. Seriously though, since the end of Februray we've had numerous days well into the 80's and this afternoon it feels like a furnace blast with the very intense sun and hot wind.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:43 AM

19 posts, read 33,809 times
We spent 2 weeks last year in july in clearwater and the year before august in fort myers.I was surprise when we arrived at the airport.I was expecting to see nobody outside.And people running from there ac cars to ac buildings.This was not the case there were people bicycling,jogging,the beaches were packed.Yeah it was hot and sunny,but nothing like the blast furnace the northerners say.They are usually the ones who have never been down here in the summer.After living and travelling all over the world.And i have been to a lot of hot places,thailand,brazil,costa rica,all over the u.s I would say the hottest i have ever been was new york in august and new orleans.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:03 PM

NYC in August is a nightmare. Hundreds of times I have come up from the subway, walked east from 6th Ave. When I got to 5th Ave and looked south I usually could not see the top 40 floors of the Empire State Buidling as those floors were lost in the gray haze. The weather people in NYC had to learn one line for summer in NYC. "Hazy, Hot & Humid". That was the daily forecast.

Florida sure gets hot and humid in the summer, but rarely hazy.
You see nice blue sky with bright white clouds going by. Until the afternoon when the sky gets dark for the daily thunderstorm.

Yep, most of us live very normal active lives here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny60 View Post
We spent 2 weeks last year in july in clearwater and the year before august in fort myers.I was surprise when we arrived at the airport.I was expecting to see nobody outside.And people running from there ac cars to ac buildings.This was not the case there were people bicycling,jogging,the beaches were packed.Yeah it was hot and sunny,but nothing like the blast furnace the northerners say.They are usually the ones who have never been down here in the summer.After living and travelling all over the world.And i have been to a lot of hot places,thailand,brazil,costa rica,all over the u.s I would say the hottest i have ever been was new york in august and new orleans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay