Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 02:06 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,293,309 times

Advertisements

What is it about Manhattan Ave between Gandy and Henderson. It always smells like poop. Is it a sewer problem? If so, why hasn't it been fixed.

Has anyone else noticed this? I recently started driving manhattan to get to and from work. I notice it both commutes for the last two months.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 02:32 PM

239 posts, read 668,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
What is it about Manhattan Ave between Gandy and Henderson. It always smells like poop. Is it a sewer problem? If so, why hasn't it been fixed.

Has anyone else noticed this? I recently started driving manhattan to get to and from work. I notice it both commutes for the last two months.

LOL! We were eating at EVOS on Howard the other day and I was thinking the same thing. Tampa has some weird smells IMO.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:35 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,293,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOnewplace View Post
LOL! We were eating at EVOS on Howard the other day and I was thinking the same thing. Tampa has some weird smells IMO.
That could have been the bay at low tide, but there is also a lot of old plumbing in hyde park... so who knows. I am in that area quite often and I have never noticed it though. I'll have to keep my nostrils open and report back!

either way, nothing like smelling poop when you are enjoying a meal!

Old 05-29-2011, 08:27 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,088,565 times
Okay, I am smelling this since moving to the area...driving down Manhattan towards Gandy you really smell it around Wellcraft Ave to the Methodist church. It is definitely sewer smelling...not really a stagnant ocean smell.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:45 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,262,312 times
There's a pumping station right near the intersection of Henderson and Manhattan. It emits a smell once a day maybe, but you get used to it and it doesn't last long at all.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:53 PM

1,051 posts, read 3,355,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
There's a pumping station right near the intersection of Henderson and Manhattan. It emits a smell once a day maybe, but you get used to it and it doesn't last long at all.
Just like living next to the train tracks... you won't even hear the mother after awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: