Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 11:56 AM

274 posts, read 318,282 times

Advertisements

I'm fairly new to the area and will be going on vacation in September for 10 days. I have not boarded my 1 yr old golden retriever here yet so i was wondering if anyone can recommend a good kennel in the area? I'd like to stay in the $20-$30 range, one co-worker mentioned fuzzy buddies but they seem kind of pricey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 12:40 PM

44 posts, read 228,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockzilla View Post
I'm fairly new to the area and will be going on vacation in September for 10 days. I have not boarded my 1 yr old golden retriever here yet so i was wondering if anyone can recommend a good kennel in the area? I'd like to stay in the $20-$30 range, one co-worker mentioned fuzzy buddies but they seem kind of pricey.
I like Rompin' Rovers off of US-41 (near Fletcher). I take my dog there for daycare. The staff is great. $35 for overnight care

Rompin Rovers Team North Tampa Doggie Daycare Room Overnight Dog Sitting Tampa Bay, FL (broken link)

Old 07-27-2007, 02:25 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,244,664 times
I'm also interested in finding out more. Where are you moving to?
Regarding Ropin Rovers, I saw that they are closed on Sundays. What happens to the dogs on Sundays? Are they crated all day?

Old 07-28-2007, 10:09 AM

3 posts, read 7,325 times
I'd recommended a home pet sitter. There are many in this area. Pampered Pets, Creature Comforts, Home Sweet Home Pet Sitters, etc. Should be in the phone book. They charge per visit; 2-3 visits per day. Dog can stay in its own environment and not be spoofed by barking, etc. in a kennel. Pet sitter can also make your home look "lived in" with lights, picking up mail, newspapers, etc.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:29 PM

My dog LOVE daycare, so I would rather board them at a daycare so that they get their exercise. I've had bad luck with pet sitters/walkers (just not giving the full visits, which aren't even enough to get out my pets energy anyway). So comparing home based to daycare, I would choose daycare. On the other hand, many vets board where the dogs get little exercise, which I would not choose. My dog is also very social though. Those who don't like to play with other dogs would probably do better in home based.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl_98 View Post
I'm also interested in finding out more. Where are you moving to?
Regarding Ropin Rovers, I saw that they are closed on Sundays. What happens to the dogs on Sundays? Are they crated all day?
I'm not actually sure. I would assume that they have people that come in and let them out, but I've never left my dog there on a Sunday. Give them a call and ask them. The people there are great. When I bring my dog home from daycare, she is totally pooped from playing all day!

Old 07-30-2007, 10:38 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,611,388 times
If you're in South Tampa, north Tampa going up Dale Mabry, Lutz or Land O Lakes, I can recommend an absolutely awesome pet sitter, Terri's Petsitting. PM for their phone number.

When you check out boarding places, be sure to ask what their evacuation/hurricane plans are. Some are in flood areas and will have to evacuate. Sept 10 is during the peak of the season.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 AM

My dog just had her first day at Rompin Rovers and loved it! Thanks for the rec!

Old 08-08-2007, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl_98 View Post
My dog just had her first day at Rompin Rovers and loved it! Thanks for the rec!
Great! I took my dog this morning. We usually bring her in for the day on Wednesdays. Sometimes we do two days a week.

What kind of dog do you have? Maybe I'll see you there sometime.

Good luck!

Old 08-08-2007, 12:06 PM

I have a huskey/shepard mix named Alex (a female with floppy ears, kinda looks like a wolf). What about you? she'll be boarding Thurs-Monday there and then probably won't go back until I start working on the 24th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay