U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,540 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I've been reading some of the posts online and everyone is so helpful! It seems like St Pete and S. Tampa are the spots to be, but I'm looking for feedback.....

I'm 27 yr old single woman, work for a large company located in Brandon, FL. I do like the nightlife (not too crazy- I did that in college!), theater, arts, etc. Love the beach, love city life in general (I'm coming from Western Mass)..... I am looking to be around single people my age/professionals. I want to be somewhat close by to work (30 min driving), but I don't want to live in suburbia.....I'd like the chance to meet other professionals and single people like me! Is St Pete and Westchase too far? Are there any complexes that anyone would recommend that would be easy driving to Brandon?

Thank you for your help in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 03:26 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,010,822 times
I made some good reccomendations in the other thread with the 22 yr old girl moving here. It turned into a giant argument about nightlife, you can check it out if you want. I moved here when I was 26- I moved to brandon and despised it. Move to south Tampa. If you are interested I'll provide some locations based on your budget.

For starters check out Post Hyde Park. The crosstown practically runs through the parking lot, it would have you in brandon in under 10 minutes.

www.postproperties.com

Last edited by craigm1841; 04-21-2011 at 04:27 PM..

Old 04-21-2011, 04:26 PM
BBI

490 posts, read 859,681 times
St. Pete and Westchase are each at least double your desired commute to Brandon. (Westchase is suburbia, so I'm not sure why it's on your list in the first place.) South Tampa is your only good option.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:30 PM

13,768 posts, read 35,422,937 times
I agree living in either one of those places is not for a young single professional working in Brandon. Check out S. Tampa..

Old 04-21-2011, 05:55 PM

100 posts, read 334,322 times
Both Westchase and St Pete will be close to 50-minute commutes to Brandon.

South Tampa will have more single people, who are professional and in their 20's and 30's, than other places.
Westchase will also have a lot of people in their 20's and 30's and mostly professionals, but the overwhelming majority of the people in Westchase will be married and with families.

Btw, I am also from Massachusetts and love the Tampa area! You should fit in well here because most of the people I run into who are originally from the New England area, seem to like the Tampa Bay area.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:18 AM

34 posts, read 81,370 times
South Tampa is home to young, single professionals and will also have that safe, yet NOT suburban feel. For suburbia, you've got to go to Brandon, Westchase, etc. Which isn't on your wish list so just cross those areas off and go with South Tampa and check out the Hyde Park area for night light, in addition to being decently close to the beaches in Pinellas County/St. Pete/Clearwater. Based on your criteria, you pretty much pegged South Tampa, nowhere really else fits in Tampa proper.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:36 AM

8 posts, read 16,809 times
Look into Post Rocky Point. Beautiful complex, straight shot down the Courtney Campbell to Clearwater beach, and a semi cheap cab ride to International Plaza, Channelside or SoHo.

I lived there and I miss it like you wouldn't believe. (Got laid off at PwC and had to move back to NJ...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay