Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:03 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
...it is supply and demand! Basic economics!
It's not supply and demand because we have a huge surplus of housing at the moment, and also did during the bubble, but we kept building... it was greed.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:12 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Some realtors are worth the commision because they have clientel and pre-qualify them! But you have to educate yourself on who they are in your area! You could pay an agent a flat fee (around $500) to put your listing on the mls and realtor.com.Just be aware you are letting strangers walk into your home not knowing if they are qualified buyers or dangerous!

Old 04-30-2011, 07:15 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
It's not supply and demand because we have a huge surplus of housing at the moment, and also did during the bubble, but we kept building... it was greed.
I meant with supply and demand something else...if nobody wanted to use a Realtor the Realtors would be out of business or lowered their commission or raised their commission...that is what I meant with free markets and the market will change the need.

If nobody would be driving, than gas prices will go down fast...but we all (myself included) are slaves of our cars of maybe better said..."our car is my slave" and we can't do without it...

I hope this is more clear

Old 04-30-2011, 07:18 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Some realtors are worth the commision because they have clientel and pre-qualify them! But you have to educate yourself on who they are in your area! You could pay an agent a flat fee (around $500) to put your listing on the mls and realtor.com.Just be aware you are letting strangers walk into your home not knowing if they are qualified buyers or dangerous!
Any good Realtor will make sure the client is pre qualified before showing homes....that will eliminate a lot of risks for home owners...perhaps a realtor will show 1 or 2 homes and than will require a pre qualification...and realtors will help out with Home inspections, getting others things set up that is required to close on a deal...

Old 04-30-2011, 07:20 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
Quote:
Wrong again... there is no huge surplus at this point in time. See Page 8 here: http://www.gtar.org/files/documents/...s/mlsmar11.pdf

Old 04-30-2011, 07:28 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Any good Realtor will make sure the client is pre qualified before showing homes....that will eliminate a lot of risks for home owners...perhaps a realtor will show 1 or 2 homes and than will require a pre qualification...and realtors will help out with Home inspections, getting others things set up that is required to close on a deal...
Any "good" realtor will pre-qualify (agree) I guess where we disagree is on how many "good" realtors there are out there!!

Old 04-30-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Wrong again... there is no huge surplus at this point in time. See Page 8 here: http://www.gtar.org/files/documents/...s/mlsmar11.pdf
And that does not include the properties the banks are holding onto and not listing, also all the properties in foreclosure and or waiting to be foreclosed on.

Please stop the lies. All you have to do is look at new housing starts for hillsborough county, permitting, etc and find virtually no new construction.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:53 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
Quote:
And that does not include the properties the banks are holding onto and not listing, also all the properties in foreclosure and or waiting to be foreclosed on.

Please stop the lies. All you have to do is look at new housing starts for hillsborough county, permitting, etc and find virtually no new construction.
Banks do not hold onto foreclosures. They are non-performing assets. They may delay foreclosure to avoid taking the assets back; but once they're on the bank books, they have to sell as quickly as possible. At this time in Hillsborough County, there are just under 8000 residential listings in our MLS. Of the total, there are 600 REO properties. If reality is as you say, we need inventory now.

I don't appreciate your personal attack. I have no reason to lie and I can support my statements with facts. Can you?

Old 04-30-2011, 08:23 PM

There were almost 200 residential permits issued in March in Hillsborough county, which is the last full monty available.
http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/pgm/periodics/pdf/BuildersAssocRpt_MAR.pdf (broken link)

This is a listing of total residential permits by year the last 4 years that I could get info for:
2010: 2547
2009: 2188
2008: 2755
2007: 3678

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
I don't appreciate your personal attack. I have no reason to lie and I can support my statements with facts. Can you?
I'm not attacking you personally, I am attacking your profession, which in my opinion contributed to the economic collapse of the last few years. If you disagree with my opinion, that is certainly your right. It would make sense that you would support the status quo. You certainly do have reason to lie, as your livelihood depends on keeping things as-is.

As far as the "we need inventory now" nonsense, I think we dont need inventory until you can drive down a street and not see 3 out of 10 homes either abandoned or with for sale signs on them. I just pulled that figure out of thin air, but you get my point and I dont think you can deny it.

Last edited by crazynip; 04-30-2011 at 08:58 PM..

Old 04-30-2011, 08:49 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
OFF TOPIC! OUT Of Context. Keeper?
Highjaking the thread, personally attacking me instead of staying on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Looks like a contradiction in your posting. Not too long ago you posted:

"We found the best way to "control" this: we don't buy homes! what's the point in being stuck in one place? why have to go through "buying", then have to go through "selling" when we can rent nice properties and don't have to worry about all the maintenance attached to "owning" a home!?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay