Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 09:54 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times

Advertisements

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I was wondering if there were two "algia" here. No, its not any of my biz, but you posted the informationt, so its open for question. I was simply questioning the validity of your postings which seem to vary in consistency from time to time.

As far as staying on topic, if you read back, it was you who brought in doctors being over paid in a real estate thread (later you flipped your position), you who brought in Office Depot workers in a real estate thread, you who has now brought in car salesmen, again, in a real estate thread.

Frankly, it seems you have it "in" for any one who makes a living regardless of their employ.

Since you probably don't know, car salesmen are paid on a percentage of the profit of the sale. This percentage varies but usually runs in the 20% to 25% range.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:56 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker24 View Post
So the banks should have made sure people could pay back their loans instead of the buyers themselves making sure they could pay? What you are saying is that people are too stupid to make important financial decisions on their own so someone else must make them on their behalf.
Both are equally responsible. Financial institutions are actually legally responsible to some degree as well.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:59 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
I've bought and sold many properties from NYC to Florida, I wouldn't sell without a realtor,(and not a Charles Ruttenberg part-timer). I have paid as much as 36,000 in realtor fees on one house alone, yes it hurts but IMHO they are worth the price as are real estate lawyers! Some times if you have worked with a realtor before they might cut their end to make a deal happen but they don't do that very often!

Old 05-01-2011, 09:59 AM

Under what statute are the financial institution legally responsible? Under what theory of law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Both are equally responsible. Financial institutions are actually legally responsible to some degree as well.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:00 AM

769 posts, read 2,051,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Legally responsible? Really? Under what law is the bank LEGALLY obligated to make sure YOU don't make stupid financial decisions?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:04 AM

They are not. Its just another way to avoid personal responsibility and blame mistakes on others. If it makes them feel better to blame someone else, fine. Let it be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker24 View Post
Legally responsible? Really? Under what law is the bank LEGALLY obligated to make sure YOU don't make stupid financial decisions?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:06 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
The foolish homeowners (I am one),banks,appraisers and realtors have paid a price to varying degrees! I feel sorry for homeowners who bought within their means made improvements on their homes over the years and now have seen their home values drop like a rock because of all the foreclosures around them!!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:08 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Under what statute are the financial institution legally responsible? Under what theory of law?
The Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act of 1994 for one. I am not taking blame off the buyers, but saying there is a LOT of blame to go around.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
They are not. Its just another way to avoid personal responsibility and blame mistakes on others. If it makes them feel better to blame someone else, fine. Let it be.
Exactly. What really cracks me up is the people crying because "the bank won't help me save my house." Please. The bank does not have to do you any favors. You agreed to pay for the house and now you can't. Move out and stop prolonging the agony.

The funny thing is that in many cases the banks are offering them some sort of assistance, but not the miracles people are asking for. I know people that want the bank to forgive the year of payments they missed and drop their mortgage payments by 50%. Keep dreaming. Even the high-priced attorneys they paid with the money they "saved" from not paying their mortgage can't get them that. LOL...if you can't pay your mortgage, how can you afford that foreclosure defense attorney?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:13 AM

[quote=Irishiis49;18967021]The foolish homeowners (I am one),banks,appraisers and realtors have paid a price to varying degrees! I feel sorry for homeowners who bought within their means made improvements on their homes over the years and now have seen their home values drop like a rock because of all the foreclosures around them!![/quote]

I agree, but that doesn't mean they should contribute to the problem by walking away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay