U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 08:52 AM

19 posts, read 100,113 times

Advertisements

After much deliberation about where to spend my week - long vacation leading up to Memorial Day, my GF and I decided on Clearwater Beach. It was probably the lease "risky" of the choices (we were looking at some pretty off the beaten path locations), but it's proximity to Tampa, St. Pete and Orlando really just sealed the deal - Plus, I heard the beaches are pretty nice.

Anyway, I need your help - We are looking to have the best week of our lives. A lot of sun bathing, swimming, partying and exploring. We are both youthful, energetic 27 year olds and don't have a problem being adventurous. While we're planning on spending a lot of time just lounging at the beach, we're definitely interested in seeing the area a little bit as well. We will have a car, so transportation isn't a problem.

Also, we'll be staying in a rented condo with a kitchen, so we'll probably cook 2 meals a day and then eat one out (probably Dinner.) Any recommendations on good seafood restaurants and seafood shacks (so we can purchase good seafood and grill?) We vacationed in Louisiana last memorial day and loved the fact that we could eat at an authentic seafood shack and buy seafood to make at home.

Let's hear it - Where should we go, what should we do, where should we eat - Like I said, we're all about trying new things and want to see the area rather than just spend the entire time in a 3 block radius tourist trap.

Advice would be appreciated!! We're looking forward to our time on the Gulf and hope to make it an amazing time!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 01:17 PM

39 posts, read 144,719 times
We just got home yesterday from a week longs stay on Clearwater Beach. We traveled with our 10mo old little one, so we weren't as outgoing as we used to be! However, Shepards Resort seemed like the place to party (Clearwater Beachfront Florida Resorts | Shephard"s Beach Resort) on the island. There is a bar/club and seperate restaurant. We had their "seafood buffet" one night and it was good, though not as seafoody as I would have hoped. There are a bunch of little fish markets if you drive around. We passed several (drove around a lot as we're house shopping in the area!) while crusing the coast and into little downtown areas. Have fun!

Old 05-01-2011, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,304 times
You'll have a great time. It's a great place. Visit the Tarpon springs sponge docks and plan a trip to Caladesi Island for a secluded beach and Nature trail walk. You drive to Honeymoon Island and tAke the ferry to Caladesi.

For meals the Island Way Grill is excellent. We absolutely love Clear Sky. It's casual and moderately priced. Food is excellent. For upscale dining consider Carettas in the Sandpearl, Armanis in Tampa at the hyatt (amazing sunsets). For an amazing steak try Berns in Tampa a unique dinner experience.

Enjoy

Old 05-02-2011, 07:19 AM

494 posts, read 1,508,387 times
South from the beach about 5 miles or so is Salt Rock Grill (steak/fish). The are a couple nice Brazilain restaurants near the South side of Tampa airport near International Mall. Lot's of stuff there. You might try Busch Gardens if you've never been there. Tarpon Springs is fun to park and walk around once. Eat at Mama Marias. We love that place. Burns and Armanis are more for the corporate crowd (i.e. expense accounts). Island Way can be hit or miss IMHO. I eat there a lot. There are fried seafood places all along the beach. Columbia across the Sand Key bridge is good. The one in Ybor City is better. Catch the show there for 5 bucks. Berninis is good too.

Have fun! Bring Sunscreen.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:34 PM

471 posts, read 1,545,774 times
You can walk to Caladesi Island from Clearwater Beach. It takes about an hour from Pier 60, about 1/2 hr if you drive to the north end of the beach.

Altho,imho, the beauty of the Don is best viewed as you drive across from the Pinellas bayway, take a drive/or the trolley down the beaches to see the Don Cesar and Pass A Grille.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or