Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 04:43 PM

91 posts, read 363,570 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone...we have tried quite a few already off of Rte 54....and have given that Hungry Harry's a try on Collier...wow, that is such a great place! Hole in the wall...but great great food!

Anyone here try Benedetto's off of Rte 54...? My sister is taking us there in a few weeks...can't wait to try!

Also...Bonefish Grill--anyone?? Wondering if that's a good one to try?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 06:30 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
Price is high but the food is good. For the better ones you have to go down BBD to New Tampa. If price is not an issue, go to Dempsy's in Saddlebrook Resort on Rt. 54

Old 08-02-2007, 06:31 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
I haven't been to the Bonefish in WC, but the one on N Dale Mabry (Carrollwood area) is awesome.

The Breakfast Nook is excellent for (you guessed it), breakfast and lunch. They're on Hwy 41. From Collier, go west on Hwy 54, turn left (south) at Hwy 41/Land O Lakes Blvd. Stay in the left lane, and just after the Dale Mabry split you'll see a small, yellow retail center on the left, with an entrance to Lake Heron. The Breakfast Nook is in there, next to the consignment shop. You can see it from the road. House omelet is awesome.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:00 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Bonefish in WC is excellent - I have had some of my best meals EVER at this place - and I'm a little bit of a foodie! For a chain restaurant, I think Bonefish is the best, great fresh seafood - yum! My most heavenly meal there is when they offer the Alaskan King crab legs - they are HUGE and meaty and they crack the shells for you. Served with drawn butter of course. One time they had them as a special and had been grilled - OMG they were out of this WORLD! Best thing I ever ate!

Hmmm - might have to go to Bonefish tonight!

Old 08-03-2007, 03:00 PM

192 posts, read 1,164,542 times
Now that the Lakeside Grill has changed hands and Mary is gone, I don't know where to get a good meal in Land o Lakes........please let us know what you find.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Bonefish in WC is excellent - I have had some of my best meals EVER at this place - and I'm a little bit of a foodie! For a chain restaurant, I think Bonefish is the best, great fresh seafood - yum! My most heavenly meal there is when they offer the Alaskan King crab legs - they are HUGE and meaty and they crack the shells for you. Served with drawn butter of course. One time they had them as a special and had been grilled - OMG they were out of this WORLD! Best thing I ever ate!

Hmmm - might have to go to Bonefish tonight!
YUMYUM....My mouth is watering as I read this! My husband is excited...we keep passing that place in our travels from time to time...and we just needed some good opinions, ya know...being new--tentative to try a new place and all. Thank you for the advice!

For pizza...I would highly recommend ABC Pizza and Pizza Villa...both have awesome greek salads...not that bad of a price. Kind of a family place when you don't want anything fancy...just some yummy pizza.

Keep the restaurants coming, people.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:16 PM

33 posts, read 113,827 times
Bonefish had great food and unbelievalbe martini's. ABC is awesome. I just did a post on land o lakes favorites. Moderator cut: soliciting

shanes rib shack is great, and benedettos is good but a bit pricey in my opinion.

Enjoy! Check back here and let us know what YOU think...

Katrina Madewell

Last edited by Marka; 08-08-2007 at 09:58 AM..

Old 08-04-2007, 06:27 PM

shane's rib shack...hmmm...we have been passing that and passing that...and just never stop! I have to make sure we try that.

We went to Macaroni Grill earlier today--off of Dale Mabry...I like Dale Mabry...seems to have lots of good restaurants, albeit a lot of chains...but MG is by far thee best chain ever. Had a bellini?? Anyone ever hear of that? Yikes...I'm ready for a nap now. lol Have a good one everyone!

Old 11-20-2013, 12:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,655 times
One of our new favorites is City Grill. Very unique menu. The place really catches your eye when you first walk in. We split a Cuban sandwich and we had an appetizer they call "Cuban Cigars" and another called Lobster Crab Cakes. Amazing!!! We plan to go back again this weekend. Thumbs Up....

Old 11-20-2013, 04:18 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,030 times
Check out Larry's Deli on HWY 41 just North of Belle Lake Road on the right hand side. Not much to look at, but GOOD SANDWICHES
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay