U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 05:58 PM

3 posts, read 11,416 times

Advertisements

We are thinking about moving to Land O Lakes. Can anyone tell me what it's like?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 06:44 PM

10 posts, read 24,847 times
I loved it when I was there. I made so many friends in the short time (I moved away for family reasons). There is a great park with a community center. There are so many supermarkets and stores.. just take your pick. People are nice and helpful. The place is beautiful. Again.. I loved it! I used to be close to 275. It was easy to hop on that and I'd get to other places in a jiffy! Good luck!

Old 12-05-2010, 09:00 PM

339 posts, read 1,154,584 times
I lived in landolakes from 2000 to I believe 2004 or 2005. It was pretty country back then, lots of swamps and just a few stores. I still cant understand why my parents wanted to move way the hell out there. It seemed far from everything. But overall it was a pretty nice suburban area and made lots of friends. You'll never have trouble making friends because everyone wants to hangout. Like, there were times I would have to hide inside the house because people wanted me to play basketball, or go to the fair, or the clubhouse LOL. I just wanted to be alone!

Last time I went back in...what, 2009 it seemed to have grown quite a bit, but its still a bit country. But for the most part I was GLAD I left. I dont think I would have ever found myself if I stayed in LandOlakes. But it was designed for raising families. I also had several incidents where people shouted out racist slurs (yes, RACIST SLURS) and I got suspeneded for 3 days because this guy wanted to start sh*t with me back in highschool. A redneck, nontheless. I mean, every once in a blue you'd have someone like that...but for the most part it seemed kind of secretive. Im sure its grown even more and last time I barely even recognized it. I was there before Plantation Palms on Collier sprung up...so who knows maybe they've got highrises by now

Old 12-05-2010, 10:28 PM

158 posts, read 263,688 times
Yeah good luck! I guess this person has been thinking about moving since 2007?!?

Ha ha I had to beat Craig to this one

Old 12-18-2010, 02:24 PM

921 posts, read 2,247,380 times
Great place to live. IMO the best area is the Collier Parkway corridor, North of SR54.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:52 PM

9 posts, read 11,333 times
Thumbs down moving to Land O Lakes

I lived in LOL for over 10 years and it was the worst place to bring up kids, there is not alot going on there and you have to drive to Tampa or Citrus Park for movies etc. I personally would not move there with children over the age of 8. Just my opinion.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:29 PM

23 posts, read 44,887 times
LOL is a wonderful place to live. Many changes in the past 3 years with development moving at a fast clip. I would suggest to stay away from Wesley Chapel unless you like traffic and congestion. Developments along US 41 in LOL are a great location. I live in Connerton and love it.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:51 AM

3,313 posts, read 4,593,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher1702 View Post
LOL is a wonderful place to live. Many changes in the past 3 years with development moving at a fast clip. I would suggest to stay away from Wesley Chapel unless you like traffic and congestion. Developments along US 41 in LOL are a great location. I live in Connerton and love it.
I think if you post this in few more threads you might believe in it even more

Old 02-06-2014, 08:02 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,125,564 times
It sounds like this person does believe it. Because it isn't what you like, you feel the need to respond negatively in every thread this person posts in?? Why not leave them alone?

Old 02-06-2014, 12:31 PM

3,313 posts, read 4,593,544 times
It just looks very interesting when new user post 10 comments and all of them in old threads regarding the same topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay