Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:21 PM

53 posts, read 98,999 times

Advertisements

Why don't you just stay in Palm Harbor? And maybe you can help me?? (I posted please help regarding palm harbor)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 05:10 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
I don't think "living on or very close to a beach and good schools" go hand in hand!

I do agree with Gypsy (as I re-searched the matter myself) that Sarasota fits that bill out of all that you mentioned.

Tarpon is gorgeous...but expensive, the closer you get to the water, the more expensive it gets.

My question is this: IF Your kids are in a good school, and you like that area (which I liked too) why move? You can visit all these other areas without adding extra housing costs!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:48 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I don't think "living on or very close to a beach and good schools" go hand in hand!

I do agree with Gypsy (as I re-searched the matter myself) that Sarasota fits that bill out of all that you mentioned.

Tarpon is gorgeous...but expensive, the closer you get to the water, the more expensive it gets.

My question is this: IF Your kids are in a good school, and you like that area (which I liked too) why move? You can visit all these other areas without adding extra housing costs!
Actually both Palm Harbor and Oldsmar/East Lake have excellent schools and are just 20 minutes or so to the beaches at Caladesi, plus have many home choices in their price range. Close proximity to Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater is an excellent perk as well.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:30 PM

102 posts, read 324,679 times
Clearwater has been well to us, we originally lived in the Innisbrook Resorts when we first moved to FL.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:37 PM

53 posts, read 98,999 times
Bman... You lived in the resorts??? I'm thinking of relocating also, but first must sell our home. Does everyone here recommend renting before buying? Won't that be too much (hassle, trouble, that is) as I am thinks of moving next yr & will have one middle schooler and 2 elementary children

Old 03-29-2012, 07:47 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,740,580 times
I live part time in Dunedin and love it, but don't have kids. I'm surprised that the schools aren't rated well, seems like a vibrant town.

As for Sarasota, St. Armand's Circle? You've got to be kidding? Just a bunch of overpriced, pretentious stores, as far as Im concerned. Sorry. They do have Siesta Key, which is a beautiful beach.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:30 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwanderer View Post
I live part time in Dunedin and love it, but don't have kids. I'm surprised that the schools aren't rated well, seems like a vibrant town.

As for Sarasota, St. Armand's Circle? You've got to be kidding? Just a bunch of overpriced, pretentious stores, as far as Im concerned. Sorry. They do have Siesta Key, which is a beautiful beach.
What's your point? That is just one small (yes, touristy) asset of this city. Sarasota has a GREAT downtown, and lot of other great shopping, better than even some larger cities. It is always on top of the lists of best places to live/retire. And as I said, best beaches and schools in the state! Schools make a difference for those with kids. Not to mention all the arts we have here - on that score nowhere else in Florida tops Sarasota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay