Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:28 PM

115 posts, read 267,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker24 View Post
Well if you're going to be that picky on such a low budget you better get the ball rolling. Those houses renting for $1200 and under a month go really fast where I live. I'd recommend you expand your budget to a $1200 max if you can.
NewYorker24,

We know to rent a house we will pay more. It's already figured in the budget. We currently live in the most expensive/richest suburb of Kansas. We just happened to catch a deal at the right time for the Town home we live in, which was a true blessing. All the Town Homes on our block are $1000 and up or the people are buying them. So not being picky as you put it. So $1200 or more is fine. I just asked the question about the best areas/communities, because I know this is a very informative site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 03:25 AM

7 posts, read 17,225 times
Welcome!

We also moved from Shawnee Mission (well...back in 1995). We love it here!
BUT...everyone is right - it costs more. You are going to find rental housing to be around 1,200 - 1,400 for a small, but nice 3 bdrm in a good neighborhood.
I'm not sure what county you are looking for. Pinellas maybe check out safety harbor or oldsmar. Pasco- trinity, land o lakes, or wesley chapel. Hillsborough - I would go south tampa or head north to new tampa.
Good Luck!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:54 AM

Default Got it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123456m View Post
Welcome!

We also moved from Shawnee Mission (well...back in 1995). We love it here!
BUT...everyone is right - it costs more. You are going to find rental housing to be around 1,200 - 1,400 for a small, but nice 3 bdrm in a good neighborhood.
I'm not sure what county you are looking for. Pinellas maybe check out safety harbor or oldsmar. Pasco- trinity, land o lakes, or wesley chapel. Hillsborough - I would go south tampa or head north to new tampa.
Good Luck!
123456m,

I was just looking for info on what area or communities to look in when fly out in 2 weeks. So thanks for the leads. And we totally know, we will enjoy the new scenery. I have a good friend here who is from Miami and even he will be heading back to Miami in 1 year, and my wife works with about 3 people from Tampa including a couple of people in Management from Tampa. And they said we will love it.

The only reason I asked is because I like different views. That's all... So I guess I got my answers I needed.

Craig'sList is our greatest lead on places. So we know, we will find what and where we would like to live.

Thanks everyone..

Last edited by dasmin5; 06-08-2011 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: correction

Old 06-08-2011, 06:27 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
I would suggest you look around in zip code 33647 which is referred to as New Tampa. There are a lot of townhouses, the rents are lower, and the properties are newer. I don't know anyone that likes that commute though. You could also search around zip code 33624 which is the Carrollwood/Northdale area. Wherever you choose, make sure you lookup the address on the school assignment page here and do your research on the schools --> HCSD School Locator

Old 06-08-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
I would suggest you look around in zip code 33647 which is referred to as New Tampa. There are a lot of townhouses, the rents are lower, and the properties are newer. I don't know anyone that likes that commute though. You could also search around zip code 33624 which is the Carrollwood/Northdale area. Wherever you choose, make sure you lookup the address on the school assignment page here and do your research on the schools --> HCSD School Locator

Thank you. Will do the HS checking. Again, I was just saying my wife will be working in 33614 area. So we want to live in the outskirts of Tampa.

Last edited by dasmin5; 06-08-2011 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: update
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay