Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:06 AM

20 posts, read 46,715 times

Advertisements

Looks like I will be moving to the Tampa area. I will working in St.Petersburg. Any suggestions where to live based what I stated in my original thread that I posted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 08:11 AM

Looks like I will be moving to Tampa. Any suggestions where to live baed on the info that I posted in my original post? I will working in St.Petersburg.

Thanks again!!

Old 06-22-2011, 10:00 AM

644 posts, read 1,483,901 times
I would live in St. Pete if you are going to be working in St. Pete. Traffic is serious in the entire area and personally I much prefer many areas of St. Pete to Tampa.

St. Pete is big; what zip code or area are you going to be working in? This may influence people's recommendations. There are nice areas out near the islands (Tierra Verde, Isla del Sol, etc.) or on the other side of St. Pete (downtown, the Old Northeast, Snell Isle, Woodlawn, etc.). The 33702 zip code in northeast St. Pete attracts a lot of young working people, as it is convenient to several highways and a fairly quick trip to Tampa, Clearwater or downtown St. Pete. They have many condos in that area.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:23 AM

i will be working in the 33713 zipcode. I am looking for a high end condo for my first six months.

Thanks!

Old 06-22-2011, 10:24 AM

I am looking for a high end condo for rent for six months to start.

Thanks!

Old 06-22-2011, 11:26 AM

There are plenty of high-end condos in the downtown St. Pete area (33701) about 5-10 minutes away from 33713. It's a great area and one of my favorite places in Florida. I would do a search on realtor.com under "rents" for that zipcode.

Also check 33702, which is a little farther north and closer to Tampa and Clearwater, where there are a lot of condos for rent and for sale.

Zip code 33705 is near the water (Coquina Key) and just south of downtown. There are some condos for for rent at Waterside at Coquina Key, although they are not high-rises but two-story buildings. I rented there for a vacation once; there are a lot of young working people there.

Snell Isle (zip code 33704) has some condos for rent also and is a beautiful, more upscale area close to downtown and the Old Northeast. If I were going to be working in your area, I'd rent in one of the above areas.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:17 PM

Thanks,

Which area is more affluent? or higher end?

Old 06-22-2011, 01:25 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times

Welcome to the Tampa bay area!!!

Old 06-22-2011, 02:20 PM

Downtown St. Pete and Snell Isle and parts of the Old Northeast near the water are the most affluent areas in St. Pete from what I have seen. Tierra Verde also; there are some high-end condos out on all the islands.

The 33702 zip code is nice, with many condos with a primarily younger professional working crowd due to the close proximity to Tampa.

I would look at all these areas. If you get a 6-month lease in one area, you could always change after that. The condo building itself is probably going to end up being a factor.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:43 PM
BBI

490 posts, read 939,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenpearl View Post
Downtown St. Pete and Snell Isle and parts of the Old Northeast near the water are the most affluent areas in St. Pete from what I have seen. Tierra Verde also; there are some high-end condos out on all the islands.

The 33702 zip code is nice, with many condos with a primarily younger professional working crowd due to the close proximity to Tampa.
Mostly agree with this. For a higher end condos, you want to look primarily downtown. Stay east of 4th St and north of 5th Ave S. The Old NE and Snell Island neighborhoods are also affluent; not sure about the high end condo market -- they're mostly houses -- but there may be some options. Tierra Verde is potentially an option -- it's an affluent area with plenty of condos, probably <15 minutes to your work, great spot for boating, and right next to Ft. Desoto (an excellent beach). But definitely no city "buzz" -- there's nothing to do there -- and the residents are very old.

33702 isn't as affluent as you want. Skip it.

Also, you probably don't have to rule out SoHo/Hyde Park if you're working a lot. Generally, commuting across the bay sucks. But if you're working long/odd hours, you won't hit rush hour and you can meet/beat googlemaps drive times. Unlike metro DC, rush hour here only lasts a couple of hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay