U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:37 AM

79 posts, read 281,057 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

We just moved here three weeks ago and are looking for a good vet recommendation. We don't mind driving a ways if it's a good one. We also have to make sure they accept CareCredit (credit card for health care where you can make payments over several months to a year with no interest...but I can look into who does and doesn't).

We think our little pomeranian is having seizures so it's important for them to be knowledgeable, especially in little dogs. There are a lot of bad vets out there.

Please let me know if you guys know of a good vet.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 11:51 AM

471 posts, read 1,544,513 times
Dr. Joel Murphy at animal and bird medical center Palm Harbor. website is pethealing.org. From Personal experience he is wonderful.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:04 PM

769 posts, read 1,883,704 times
Quail Hollow Animal Hospital.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:45 PM

54 posts, read 149,888 times
We really like Dr. Mayo at the Tyrone Vet Hospital in St. Petersburg. We still go there even after moving to Tampa. I have no experience with CareCredit, so you would need to call them about that. Sorry about your little dog, I hope it gets resolved. If it's epilepsy, that's easily managed with inexpensive medication. Good luck!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM

13,772 posts, read 35,142,664 times
Where do you live? There are many good vets and I wouldn't want to be an hour or more away in case of an emergency.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:28 PM

627 posts, read 1,225,515 times
The vet that I have had the best experience with is Dr Conrad at Sunset Point Animal Hospital in Clearwater. Not sure is they accept CareCredit, but he is very knowledgeable, friendly and genuinely cares for your pet and not just your money. Even the office staff and vet techs are stellar. They have convenient hours (days, evening and Sat) and are located right off of US19N/Sunset Point Rd.
727-797-1166

Old 06-17-2011, 02:50 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,212,892 times
Our dogs (one of whom has tumors and is paralyzed) love both Dr Jones and Dr Moore at Carrollwood Animal Hospital on Gunn Highway near Citrus Park/Carrollwood area

Carrollwood Community Animal Hospital

Old 06-17-2011, 09:27 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,225,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker24 View Post
Quail Hollow Animal Hospital.
They are good, but it is all about the money. They wanted to do a urinalysis on my 1 year old dog. Why? My guess is for the money. She had no problems. I asked them why they wanted to do a urinalysis on my dog. They said it is part of their routine check up. I have taken dogs and cats to the vets for many years and never had to do a routine urinalysis, especially if there weren't any problems. Also my dog did not like the vet we had. He threatened to muzzle her. Never had a vet had to muzzle her. He had no personality. I don't think she felt comfortable or trusted him.

We take our pets to Dr. Carlos Juan Sanchez (Advanced Medicine) in Seffner. His prices are reasonable, but I don't know about the CareCredit. He was highly recommended by my neighbor. I have been real happy with him.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:34 PM

769 posts, read 1,883,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annaegel View Post
They are good, but it is all about the money. They wanted to do a urinalysis on my 1 year old dog. Why? My guess is for the money. She had no problems. I asked them why they wanted to do a urinalysis on my dog. They said it is part of their routine check up. I have taken dogs and cats to the vets for many years and never had to do a routine urinalysis, especially if there weren't any problems.
I've been to 2 vets before sticking with Quail Hollow and all of them did a urinalysis as part of routine care, so don't know what you're talking about. My dog is important to me so I don't mind paying fair prices for good health care.

Vets are like everything else- you get what you pay for. The place I went to before almost let my dog die because they were too incompetent to figure out what was wrong with him. After 3 visits to them in one week and over $1200 I finally decided to take my dog somewhere else and I'm glad I chose Quail Hollow. After I took him there he was feeling better within 24 hours.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:11 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,225,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker24 View Post
I've been to 2 vets before sticking with Quail Hollow and all of them did a urinalysis as part of routine care, so don't know what you're talking about. My dog is important to me so I don't mind paying fair prices for good health care.

Vets are like everything else- you get what you pay for. The place I went to before almost let my dog die because they were too incompetent to figure out what was wrong with him. After 3 visits to them in one week and over $1200 I finally decided to take my dog somewhere else and I'm glad I chose Quail Hollow. After I took him there he was feeling better within 24 hours.
I brought my cat (4 years old) and my dog (one years old) for their yearly check up and was charged close to $600 (does include 6 months of preventative heartworm and flea/tick meds). Never have I been charged so much money for a yearly check up and meds. Our current vet is better and I can see he cares about the animals. He does not do a routine urinalysis when it isn't necessary. The most we have been charged for both is $300. The only time I have ever had routine urinalysis is when my cats have turned 10 years old for their geriatric care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay