Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 8,653 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to move out of Port Saint Lucie Florida, maybe to the Clearwater area.
I hope it's better there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 07:58 PM

48 posts, read 130,831 times
Any complaints about florida or crime areas, move to detroit...that's all i have to say about that.

Thank god my city is crime free, but drive 15min west and it's a mini detroit city called pontiac "ponticrack to us" and is absolutely crime ridden, murders gangs drugs just like detroit but yet none of those *******s dare to come into my town lol.

I KNOW what a bad area is. Murders happen in detroit DAILY, endless murders and endless drugs, but yet i go out there often enough and as long as i drive straight through i'm fine. Nothing is stopping a homeless guy from killing someone JUST to get a better life in prison, and they would. There is only ONE 100ft strip that is safe thats there's a cafe for us hockey fans "hockeytown cafe" and a concert hall, that's about it, the rest of the city is garbage.

Oh and last winter, we had 2 days that were -14 degrees with 3ft of snow over the course of 2 days. You guys have it made, thats why i plan on moving down SOON lol.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:19 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Read your story. Happiness is not something you can own. Its not material. Happiness is not something you find. It is something you
have within yourself regardless of your situation. If unhappy, do something about rather than sit idle waiting for a wave to carry you on.

What happens when you lose your job for one of any reasons (because as the adage goes nothing is certain but death and taxes) and you lose your house and pool and boat, would you still be happy.....you keep reiterating those same items. If tables were completely turned on you would you still love it all? If you lived in a shack with a beater for a car, and had to collect unemployment, would you. If you could not find a job for a year or two would you? Would you do what others do and relocate? This, thank God ,has not happened to me, but it may have happened to many here in Florida. As for me I have been screwed over by Floridians and all set. I am presently living on a canal with an inground pool watching tv on a 52", still not happy being here. Got Corona and Miller in the fridge oh got a grill, still not finding happiness here despite all that.[/quote]

Old 05-13-2010, 10:23 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Florida is not the only place in the U.S. that has humidity in the summer.
Nor 90 degree temps. Would anyone NOT expect heat and humidity in the (KEY WORD COMING UP) South?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
The Humidity is CRAZY here. March isn't bad though...........

April THROUGH October ( all the way through October ) is hot and steamy with humidity levels above 85% and higher for the most part.

Year after year after year......... same thing, only it has been hotter the last several years.

If you don't like very high humidity- don't move to Florida.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:46 PM

6 posts, read 20,638 times
You scared me for a minute, I thought I'd heard Clearwater was a nice place to live ... and St. Petersburg is the one that is a bit more racey. I wanted to move there this year but it looks like it won't happen for another few years ... I am glad that somebody is happy out there!!! One day I will have that easy going life ... maybe not with the pool and boat ... but still looking forward to it!!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:27 PM

85 posts, read 233,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Check here for homeowners insurance. It is a state website and you can find companies and rates

Compare Homeowner's Insurance Rates
Thank you. Pasco is nothing but Citizens for the people coming into the area. There are some living there that are covered by other companies however they have had their insurance for a while.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:46 PM

85 posts, read 233,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Florida is not the only place in the U.S. that has humidity in the summer.
Nor 90 degree temps. Would anyone NOT expect heat and humidity in the (KEY WORD COMING UP) South?

The feel of your humidity is nothing compared to ours in Corpus Christi, Tx nor New Orleans.
You can actually have your windows open at times through the year. In Corpus it's ac or heat and some days you don't know which to choose just to cut the humidity. I found the New Orleans humidity much worse than Corpus especially in the summer.
If you're sick of humidity, try Vegas or other desert areas. If you want warm desert evenings try Palm Springs or Vegas. Vegas winters can numb you, Palm Springs winters normally warm you. Years ago I would have said try So Ca but they seem to be doing a lot of complaining about the humidity that they didn't used to have. (Friends and family there)

Old 05-16-2010, 01:07 PM

388 posts, read 1,125,297 times
"What happens when you lose your job for one of any reasons (because as the adage goes nothing is certain but death and taxes) and you lose your house and pool and boat, would you still be happy.....you keep reiterating those same items. If tables were completely turned on you would you still love it all? If you lived in a shack with a beater for a car, and had to collect unemployment, would you. If you could not find a job for a year or two would you? Would you do what others do and relocate? This, thank God ,has not happened to me, but it may have happened to many here in Florida. As for me I have been screwed over by Floridians and all set. I am presently living on a canal with an inground pool watching tv on a 52", still not happy being here. Got Corona and Miller in the fridge oh got a grill, still not finding happiness here despite all that."

Maybe it's just you then????

Old 05-16-2010, 03:08 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
OK, I won't to move to Clearwater. I'm withing a short drive and that's good enough. Today I grilling, tomorrow I may be on Clearwater's beautiful beach. You never know when I'll be coming to town so keep a sharp look out for

Old 09-17-2010, 10:04 AM

65 posts, read 354,467 times
Thumbs up Clearwater Is Just Fine

Clearwater is just fine. Really. It's like any city of its size anywhere else, there are lots of happy, friendly people, and some people that are not so much. There are jobs for some, others go without. It has its pros and cons. In my mind, you live here because you want the weather and the outdoor activities that this location provides.

Want to go boating just about year round? Good to go. Want to garden most of the year? Good to go. Want to go to the beach, get some theatre, kayaking, and more? Good to go.

If you are not a happy person, as another poster observed, being in Clearwater alone will not make you happy. But if you want a good life in the sunshine and sand, and you have an open outlook on life, then you can enjoy Clearwater.

I've lived here over 25 years all together, as well as a few other places. Clearwater has it good parts and some not so good, just like any other place. Come for the weather, and the coastal location, and then make the best of what you have here.

Enjoy!

Clearwater Daily Photo
Clearwater Beach Daily Photo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay