Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 12:01 AM

6 posts, read 10,171 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the great information everyone is supplying on this site. I have lived in Tampa my entire life (Seminole Heights, New Tampa, and Temple Terrace). My wife and I are turning 30, but we are not the average 30 year old couple, not that 30 is old or anything. We have no kids, nor want any.

We want to be able to walk to bars/nightlife. We are looking to rent in south Tampa, or west shore area near international mall. We will be renting; looking to spend between 1500 and 2000 a month. We visited my brother in law this weekend and fell in love with his luxury condo living near lake Eola in downtown Orlando. We decided we are going to downsize from our house to a nice apartment/condo in south Tampa that is pet friendly.

What do you guys recommend? We can mix in well with 20 something's or 40 something's and up. We just want to be able to walk to bars, farmers markets, etc. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are going to sign a lease in the next two weeks, as we finally sold our house. Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 12:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
For some one who has lived in Tampa your whole life i would think you would be the best person to answer your own question.
Take a drive over to your intended relocation and take a look,hit some bars and ask the locals what they think.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:45 AM

286 posts, read 1,029,372 times
The stuff you want is there, just different scenes/variants of it. Based purely on walkability and content I'd say between Ybor, Channelside, and SoHo. Pick your scenes and preferences accordingly.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:37 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,516 times
Throw out Ybor, Channelside is a OK, but not really walkable anywhere.
Hyde park would fit the best, the average crow is probably mid 20s and up. Int Plaza has great apartments, but it will be at your upper level of range. Few local bars, and then cab ride to SoHo for more. Check out private rentals in condos by the bayshore in hyde park.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:30 AM

6 posts, read 10,171 times
Default Soho/Hyde Park communities?

Jambo-

I avoided South Tampa like the plague most of my single years with a few exceptions years ago. I was broke as a joke and stuck to local bars in North Tampa. Now, we are financially comfortable and have become a little more pretentious so that we will fit it.

Obama/Tewas -

Thanks for your responses. We are definitely going to stay out of Channelside and Ybor area. We have seen some nice places there but the nightlife is not ideal for us there. Do you guys have any specific suggestions as far as apartment/condo communities in Hyde Park or SoHo?

Old 06-20-2011, 11:44 AM

I am renting private condo on bayshore, sometimes i see rent postings on the board but i don't think I've seen one in last few weeks. I'll check later tonight if anything is available.
As for apartments, i have not looked to hyde park area since it was a little too expensive for me at the time i was looking. HotPads - Map Search for Real Estate, Apartments and Houses for Rent, Foreclosures and Homes for Sale should give you better feel of whats available and some user reviews.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:35 PM

12 posts, read 25,872 times
Ive seen a few listing of apts on bayshore blvd on this ap that I have downloaded. How are the apts in that area tewas?

Old 06-20-2011, 04:47 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,301,319 times
Bayshore Boulevard is perhaps Tampa's most desirable street. Minimal crime. The only downsides are the smell of low tide and the crowds for the Gasparilla parade.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Bayshore Boulevard is perhaps Tampa's most desirable street. Minimal crime. The only downsides are the smell of low tide and the crowds for the Gasparilla parade.
low tide does not bother me much, i can't really smell anything in my apartment and i do keep my balcony door open all the time. As for gasparila, it's only once a year, and you don't need to worry about parking. Also you should not be sitting at home when the whole city is buzzing with festivities. It's just not right.

Diamonds, The apartments in Soho looks pretty nice, although i haven't been inside any of them. The places close to me (i live a little south of hyde park) look a little older, but they are cheaper than shinny new buildings in hyde park. For the most part you pay for area, low crime and close to nightlife in Soho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay