Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 06:27 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,495 times

Advertisements

I have email from a large company in Tampa about providing customer service from home. I'll pass since I'm not interested in being on the phone all day. They do training on-site and provide a PC & phone, you just have to have your own internet service and landline. If interested, let me know with a PM. I'll be checking in later.

I remember the days when a customer service group was actually in the offices of a corporate headquarters and you could get all the help you might need. Those days are apparently gone for good. But imagine having someone in Tampa answer instead of the call going to India.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 06:32 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
I have email from a large company in Tampa about providing customer service from home. I'll pass since I'm not interested in being on the phone all day. They do training on-site and provide a PC & phone, you just have to have your own internet service and landline. If interested, let me know with a PM. I'll be checking in later.

I remember the days when a customer service group was actually in the offices of a corporate headquarters and you could get all the help you might need. Those days are apparently gone for good. But imagine having someone in Tampa answer instead of the call going to India.
I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. Yes, definitely better for customer service to stay in the states than be going to India.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:51 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. Yes, definitely better for customer service to stay in the states than be going to India.
I hope people working will be better than India's support, otherwise companies will have no other choice but to outsource even these few jobs left.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:48 AM

239 posts, read 759,474 times
This is a newer business model. It's making its way around as the cost of outsourcing to India has exceeded the cost benefit.

With wage recession in the US, it's cheaper to shut down your service facilities, and have people work from home than to have a huge outsourcing center in India.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:25 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,495 times
Don't PM me. The email was automated and sent at 11:58 last night. I took at look at the full job description this morning, it really was there, but by the time I looked again and answered someone, the job had been listed as not available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay