Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 06:21 PM

22 posts, read 24,479 times

Advertisements

We are a 3 member family with a 11 years old son. We wants to move to Tampa looking for better offers. We saw a great schools in Hillsborough County for our son.
But we are not sure how to start looking for a very nice place to live. We are not looking for buy a house inmediately.

All help and orientation are really appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 07:30 PM

100 posts, read 365,744 times
In this economy, it is not a good idea to move to the Tampa area without a job offer in hand. There are already several people here looking for jobs. Also, after you get a job and know where you're working, will you be able to decide on a good place to live in because commuting can be a pain in many cases.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:22 PM

109 posts, read 278,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestgump View Post
In this economy, it is not a good idea to move to the Tampa area without a job offer in hand. There are already several people here looking for jobs. Also, after you get a job and know where you're working, will you be able to decide on a good place to live in because commuting can be a pain in many cases.
I agree with this 500%!! I came here for a particular job and found a place to rent that was 15 minutes away, it was fabulous! Well that job turned out to be nothing like what was sold to me so I only stayed for 1 month! Luckily I found another job within a week BUT now my commute in 1 hour EACH way!!! We are moving soon to be closer to my job. Traffic is just tough here. I guess if you're from NY or LA or Dallas is might not be so bad but I was not used to this traffic.

When we first moved here I had a job my husband didnt. He was unemployed for 6 months and the job he found really isnt that good. So if you're not independently wealthy it'd be better to have a job 1st!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay