Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 07:59 PM

120 posts, read 289,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Yeah, okay.
Maybe its a Pinellas county mindset

Old 07-07-2011, 08:23 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,303,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybound View Post
Maybe its a Pinellas county mindset
Maybe it's neither and just a bad attempt at yet another blanket stereotype.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:35 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Maybe it's neither and just a bad attempt at yet another blanket stereotype.
I think it was prob. just a jury that was sick of being away from home and just found her innocent so they could go home. There were 2-3 jurors that said they thought she was guilty.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:49 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Listening to several jurors i got the impression they all thought she was guilty but in the USA you cant convict some one on speculation,
The prosecution couldnt even bring forth credible proof on how the child died and only had circumstantial evidence as to the connection between the mothers role in the childs demise,
I'm not happy about the outcome of the case but the jury did what they could with the evidence provided.
Now if we had Sharia Law the current lynch mob mentality would most likely be placated with the woman being slowly dismembered.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:43 AM

872 posts, read 1,713,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorelei1954 View Post
Shame on typical Florida mentality! More emphasis is placed on sea turtles & manatee than our children. There is no state pride in Florida. Too many outsiders checked their hometown values,(morals, pride and care for kids) at the Florida border. This would NOT have happened in most other states that value children, family and God! Shame on these jurors. What is it going to take; a video of a mommy killing her beautiful toddler? Heaven forbid any of us pick up a sea turtle egg; we'll be put away for some time!
So true.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:08 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorelei1954 View Post
Shame on typical Florida mentality! More emphasis is placed on sea turtles & manatee than our children. There is no state pride in Florida. Too many outsiders checked their hometown values,(morals, pride and care for kids) at the Florida border. This would NOT have happened in most other states that value children, family and God! Shame on these jurors. What is it going to take; a video of a mommy killing her beautiful toddler? Heaven forbid any of us pick up a sea turtle egg; we'll be put away for some time!
Stupid post, imo.

Clearly you're not intelligent enough to understand the legal system - specifically that it takes evidence to convict a person of a crime. Watch the ABC Video link that I posted to get an understanding what the juror's were thinking about the lack of evidence in the case directly linking the mother to the toddler's death.

BTW, I'd rather let 100 guilty people free rather than convict one innocent person.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Stupid post, imo.

Clearly you're not intelligent enough to understand the legal system - specifically that it takes evidence to convict a person of a crime. Watch the ABC Video link that I posted to get an understanding what the juror's were thinking about the lack of evidence in the case directly linking the mother to the toddler's death.

BTW, I'd rather let 100 guilty people free rather than convict one innocent person.
There was no "smoking gun" but there was plenty of evidence.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:59 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,762 times
Wow a lot of people came out of woods with pitchforks.
Irishiis49 defense does not have to prove a squat. It's up to prosecution to provide bullet proof evidence that jurors can't dismiss with reasonable doubt. I guess we forgot our court systems motto "Innocent until PROVEN guilty". People should come to this trial assuming that the defendant is innocent and not the other way around.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewas View Post
Wow a lot of people came out of woods with pitchforks.
Irishiis49 defense does not have to prove a squat. It's up to prosecution to provide bullet proof evidence that jurors can't dismiss with reasonable doubt. I guess we forgot our court systems motto "Innocent until PROVEN guilty". People should come to this trial assuming that the defendant is innocent and not the other way around.
Actually, When the defense came out and suggested she drown in the pool it was pretty much up to them to prove it.

Atleast, that was the opinion of many.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:14 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
There was no "smoking gun" but there was plenty of evidence.
what evidence directly linking the mother to the child's death?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay