U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2011, 10:19 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,697 posts, read 7,290,729 times
Reputation: 10106

Advertisements

I have lived in Pinellas County and anyone outside of Florida has never heard of us...until yesterday! ! Wow...they knows us now!!! Possibly as one of the worst verdicts ever reached this side of OJ!! I think next time we are happy we got out of jury duty in Pinellas we should rethink our glee!!
Rate this post positively

 
Old 07-06-2011, 11:18 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
4,678 posts, read 8,885,753 times
Reputation: 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I have lived in Pinellas County and anyone outside of Florida has never heard of us...until yesterday! ! Wow...they knows us now!!! Possibly as one of the worst verdicts ever reached this side of OJ!! I think next time we are happy we got out of jury duty in Pinellas we should rethink our glee!!
Yeah, I've been wondering myself when the state of Florida went liberal ?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-07-2011, 12:01 AM
 
Location: Tampa
2,602 posts, read 7,491,566 times
Reputation: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Yeah, I've been wondering myself when the state of Florida went liberal ?
Huh?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-07-2011, 12:54 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
4,678 posts, read 8,885,753 times
Reputation: 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Huh?
First there was Obama (FL one of only 3 southern states to go that way.)
Then this trial (obviously they wouldn't get the death penalty with the 7-5 split of women to men on the jury (who would have known they would acquit her)

Now, Florida the 2nd leading state in killing murderers (2nd to Texas) is going soft on the issue ?

Federal judge strikes down Florida's death penalty

What's happened to my native Florida ?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-07-2011, 05:18 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 27,960,315 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I have lived in Pinellas County and anyone outside of Florida has never heard of us...until yesterday! ! Wow...they knows us now!!! Possibly as one of the worst verdicts ever reached this side of OJ!! I think next time we are happy we got out of jury duty in Pinellas we should rethink our glee!!
I'm very proud of the jury. I disagree w/ your opinion about being "worst verdict". What they did was pretty courageous - do you think it was an easy decision. I followed the trial and it appears that the evidence wasn't strong enough - not the jury's fault.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-07-2011, 05:48 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
1,389 posts, read 2,069,051 times
Reputation: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Yeah, I've been wondering myself when the state of Florida went liberal ?
what?

blame for the verdict falls SQUARELY on the shoulders of the prosecution's awful presentation and lack of evidence.

keep politics out of this.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-07-2011, 06:07 AM
 
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
1,881 posts, read 3,264,770 times
Reputation: 16531
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'm very proud of the jury. I disagree w/ your opinion about being "worst verdict". What they did was pretty courageous - do you think it was an easy decision. I followed the trial and it appears that the evidence wasn't strong enough - not the jury's fault.


I didn't follow very closely, but I did watch the recaps every evening. The jury did a good job, imo. They couldn't convict based on evidence.

I believe she did it, and it's too bad the prosecution didn't take their time and build a better case, but I don't want to live in a place where we don't have the legal system in place that we do.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-07-2011, 06:18 AM
 
4,787 posts, read 10,025,973 times
Reputation: 12686
A jury verdict should not be dependent upon :

whether one likes the accused or not;

whether what one " thinks" or he/ she " knows " what happened

what talk radio or TV says

The verdict has to depend upon the prosecutor connecting the dots and being able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accuser did the deed.

In this case the prosecution team did a terrible job of presenting evidence
to prove what happened. Not only could they not tell the jury how, where or when the child died, they could not connect the accused to the death in any viable way.

Based upon that , the jury did exactly what a jury should do-- based their
decision on facts alone ---- and the facts were not there. That's the fault of the prosecution.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-07-2011, 07:06 AM
 
15,840 posts, read 33,183,282 times
Reputation: 20048
I agree with everyone who says blame the prosecution. The jury did just what they were supposed to do, and I feel sorry for them for all the undeserved hate they are getting. I despise Casey Anthony and her whole family, but respect the verdict.

The prosecution failed to prove method of death and motive, among other things. The defense team may have been sleazeballs, but they did kick up enough reasonable doubt.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-07-2011, 07:23 AM
 
463 posts, read 952,543 times
Reputation: 204
What happened "Innocent until proven guilty" that USA is so proud of? I don't understand the media issues with this trial nor people in the streets complaining that the jury reached wrong verdict. For all i know there were no hard evidence proving that she did commit the crime. Was she a good mother? That is not a question here, nor we should wonder how she lived after her daughter died.

Also Florida is not liberal in any way, at most centrist, but somehow starting to come out of dark ages that quite a few states still live in.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:26 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top