Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 07:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,057 times

Advertisements

We are a family of 6 with children between the ages of 2 and 7. We are from an area between Dayton and Cincinnati Ohio which is a good combintation of rural, city, and everything in between. I am looking at employment with the City of Tampa and would like to know some good areas to look for a residence with good schools.

I had grandparents living in Tamarac, (Ft. Lauderdale) FL and the public schools down there were like prisons. High fences with barb wire...just like a prison. From what I have gathered reading prior post on this site St. Pete, Clearwater, and South Tampa seem like decent to good areas. Can anyone suggest certain neighborhoods that are in a good school district? Also can anyone suggest certain areas to stay away from.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 09:00 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,758,510 times
Can you offer more information ? Are you looking to buy or rent ? If renting are you looking for a house, condo or apartment ? For buying or renting, what is your budget? It may help the forum to suggest areas that you will find both satisfactory and within your means.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:45 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
You seem to be placing employment with the City of Tampa as a given, unless you have some specialty that the city is looking for i wouldnt be so sure you are just going to move to Tampa and get a job with the city.
You might want to think about a few plan-B's,
Coming to Fla on a whim with a family as large as yours would benefit from one of the working adults to have a job already set up to go to Or have some one in the family move to Fla,get the job,rent the apt. then call the rest of the family down.,if things dont work out your user name may become just wishful thinking..
Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:06 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,373,473 times
Most areas within Hillsborough County will have good schools, some better than others. Unlike the area where you currently live, we have county-wide school districts here, not smaller township or city-based ones. Hillsborough County Schools have around 190,000 students enrolled, if my memory serves me right. (I know the area you are in well, as I grew up in Mt. Healthy, OH.)

As the previous poster mentioned, you better come with a job or income source already in place, as things are still quite tenuous down here relative to the job market.

More details will make the information you receive here far more valuable.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: