U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-21-2011, 01:13 PM
 
3 posts, read 36,234 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Hi ,we are relocating from Detroit,MI. Still trying to decide on location where we are going to live in Tampa Bay area. Would like some advise on finding a good public school for my kids.(one in elementary and one in middle) Also any advice on a good, safe area for families? Thanx
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-21-2011, 01:37 PM
 
100 posts, read 343,531 times
Reputation: 56
Good/safe areas with relatively good public schools: In no particular order, Westchase, Cheval, South Tampa, New Tampa.

Where will you be working? Based on your work location, commuting can be a big factor in choice of neighborhood.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 02:52 PM
 
3 posts, read 36,234 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestgump View Post
Good/safe areas with relatively good public schools: In no particular order, Westchase, Cheval, South Tampa, New Tampa.

Where will you be working? Based on your work location, commuting can be a big factor in choice of neighborhood.
We are working from home,so commutting is not an issue.Thank you for your advice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2011, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Pinellas County
1,460 posts, read 2,807,802 times
Reputation: 1096
then also look at pinellas county, nearer to beaches, closest is Seminole district, then look at Palm Harbor/East Lake for their schools.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2011, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Myrtle Beach
3,380 posts, read 8,529,146 times
Reputation: 2932
I had been looking all over for schools when looking for a house to buy. These areas have good elementary, middle and high schools.

Seminole - Best elementary schools are Bauder, Oakhurst and Orangsomething or another. The all feed into Seminole Middle and Seminole High.

East Lake

Palm Harbor - Most not all sections. Do your research.

Safety Harbor - Most not all sections. Do your research.

Westchase

Northdale - Most not all sections. Do your research.

Citrus Park - Most not all sections. Do your research.

Lando O Lakes near Ballantrae and Ridgecrest



I'm sure there are others, but those are the areas where I looked. Seminole is the closest you can get to the beach with good schools.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2011, 05:02 PM
 
387 posts, read 736,502 times
Reputation: 125
Be sure to check out GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

You can do a search.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
4,922 posts, read 5,367,838 times
Reputation: 5618
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I had been looking all over for schools when looking for a house to buy. These areas have good elementary, middle and high schools.

Seminole - Best elementary schools are Bauder, Oakhurst and Orangsomething or another. The all feed into Seminole Middle and Seminole High.

East Lake

Palm Harbor - Most not all sections. Do your research.

Safety Harbor - Most not all sections. Do your research.

Westchase

Northdale - Most not all sections. Do your research.

Citrus Park - Most not all sections. Do your research.

Lando O Lakes near Ballantrae and Ridgecrest



I'm sure there are others, but those are the areas where I looked. Seminole is the closest you can get to the beach with good schools.
Forget the beach - you're going to have much higher insurance costs due to the proximity to water.

Consider the eastern part of Hillsborough county, such as Bloomingdale and FIshhawk, especially if commuting is not an issue.

RM
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
3,237 posts, read 5,758,220 times
Reputation: 1492
Sligh Elementary in Tampa is the best Elementary school in the world
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 10:25 AM
 
13,768 posts, read 36,080,732 times
Reputation: 10654
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Sligh Elementary in Tampa is the best Elementary school in the world
Not really unless you have a link to prove otherwise
GreatSchools.org Search: sligh

Last edited by Keeper; 07-24-2011 at 06:19 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
3,237 posts, read 5,758,220 times
Reputation: 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Not really unless you have a link to prove otherwise
GreatSchools.org Search: sligh
Statistics are misleading.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top