Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:21 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,044,778 times

Advertisements

I finally made it to your city and ventured out to "Sacred Grounds" on Busch Blvd tonight where there was suppose to be some local music, but that was canceled. Has anyone ever been there before? It was great to find vegetarian food there at the coffee shop. I was told at this coffee shop that there are other coffee shops around, but do you know if they have local musicians playing or serve food or have vegetarian options? I tried to venture out to "Cafe Hey" and ran into some pretty dicey neighborhoods and did decide to turn around and head back. Has anyone ever been to "Cafe Hey"? Is there any local music playing in the parks anywhere? Any info is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 11:46 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,367,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I finally made it to your city and ventured out to "Sacred Grounds" on Busch Blvd tonight where there was suppose to be some local music, but that was canceled. Has anyone ever been there before? It was great to find vegetarian food there at the coffee shop. I was told at this coffee shop that there are other coffee shops around, but do you know if they have local musicians playing or serve food or have vegetarian options? I tried to venture out to "Cafe Hey" and ran into some pretty dicey neighborhoods and did decide to turn around and head back. Has anyone ever been to "Cafe Hey"? Is there any local music playing in the parks anywhere? Any info is appreciated.
Just Google "Tampa Bay" "whatever"... you're info will pop up.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:00 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,653,307 times
Grassroots is a really nice vegan restaurant (Locations | grass root organic restaurant.catering (http://www.sabrinaaird.com/?page_id=203 - broken link)). No music, but nice atmosphere. The Loving Hut (Loving Hut | Tampa | Vegan Cuisine) is another vegan restaurant, but I honestly don't care for the food or the atmosphere and I find it a bit expensive. They follow some strange religion that is based on respect for animals. Kaleisia tea shop (Kaleisia Tea Lounge | Tampa, FL | thetealounge.com) is nice little tea shop that has some vegan options (closed on Tuesdays), located on Fletcher Ave and 15th street. I am not aware of any live music places with vegetarian options. There are other vegetarian restaurant in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. You can also look up restaurants/stores from this website: Vegetarian Restaurants Florida - Health Food Stores by HappyCow

Old 08-08-2011, 10:00 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,414,136 times
http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/

Old 08-09-2011, 09:19 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,181,103 times
Creative Loafing a magazine published weekly (free) has listing of things to do. There are concerts in the parks depending on the time of year. Hyde Park has a jazz night and Ybor also has a music night once a month on Friday IIRC.

You should also check out Skipper's as they always have a band on the weekend. Usually an older crowd.. not college kids

Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 PM

Thanks for all of your comments. I know that I could do a search on the local events and stuff, but I wanted to hear from you local folks. I am not such a strict vegetarian I admit like I once was, so I know that most places do have a vegetarian option but some places don't have anything or nothing that interests me. Last week when I was in St. Pete's, someone told me about "creative loafing website" and about the "first Friday event". I went down to St. Petersburg where it was at and it was so very crowded and I couldn't find a parking space, so I gave up. Anyways, I appreciate your all's info and will check all that you posted here tonight

Old 08-10-2011, 04:45 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,316,322 times
Never heard of it, but if it's on Busch, it's not in a good part of town.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Never heard of it, but if it's on Busch, it's not in a good part of town.
It's not far from Busch Gardens. Thanks for the info.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:02 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,316,322 times
Quote:
Busch Gardens is in a crappy part of town.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:42 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,089 times
Quote:
Are you referring to that Sacred Grounds place? I had a few friends who'd go up there from time to time. They raved about it. It's not the kind of place where you'd have to worry about your safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: