Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 05:01 PM

24 posts, read 63,861 times

Advertisements

My friend just received a job offer in the Dade City area and is wondering if there are any apartments that anyone can suggest. She is moving from a small town and likes the small town atmosphereand will be staying with me in my tiny Tampa apartment so she is hoping to find something pretty fast.

Any help - good or bad will help us. She sometimes works late hours and doesn't want to be commuting far.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 02:59 PM

86 posts, read 227,936 times
There is a new apartment complex off Happy Hill Road looks to be decent. It's between San Antonio and Dade City, probably 8 or 9 minutes from downtown. Also, there is a small complex off Howard Ave that is quite close to downtown. There are also some apartments off Willingham Ave that are in a decent area. There is another new complex being built across from the hospital on Fort King, though I don't know how close it is to completion. There are a few townhomes in the area that might have rentals too.

I grew up in the Dade City area and really enjoyed living there. I could easily live there again if the opportunity arose. There's something to be said for the laid back feel of a small town.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:15 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Dade City really is such a beautiful little town, so unusual with all the hills here in Florida.

We lived right off Happy Hill for 8 years, it's a great area and I would definitely recommend it.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:50 PM

Thanks for the info. She will be coming down next week so we will drive around next weekend apartment hunting. When I went online the only apartment complex that is actually in Dade City that shows up is Sweetwater apartments. I was afraid they were full of students.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP11283 View Post
There is a new apartment complex off Happy Hill Road looks to be decent. It's between San Antonio and Dade City, probably 8 or 9 minutes from downtown. Also, there is a small complex off Howard Ave that is quite close to downtown. There are also some apartments off Willingham Ave that are in a decent area. There is another new complex being built across from the hospital on Fort King, though I don't know how close it is to completion. There are a few townhomes in the area that might have rentals too.

I grew up in the Dade City area and really enjoyed living there. I could easily live there again if the opportunity arose. There's something to be said for the laid back feel of a small town.
Do you know if any of these are in a good area:
Regency Townhomes, 14120 Regency Lane
Hillside Trace Apartments, 37975 Hillside Lane
Villas, 37329 Meridian Ave
Oakcrest Apt., 14940 Willowbrook Drive
Countryside Villas, 37305 Country Lane
Are there any streets/areas that we should stay away from when looking?
I love it there myself and hope to be able to live there also.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:35 PM

15 posts, read 39,604 times
Regency Townhomes - nice area, old (but not in a nice/quaint way) apartments
Hillside Trace - Busy area right on 301, small apartments, a little rundown.
Hillside Lane villas - Close to downtown, old apartments.
Oakcrest Apts - USDA rural low-income housing... nasty.
Countryside Villas - REALLY nasty!! Bad neighborhood.

Sweetwater are probably the best in the area. They do have their share of students, but the management really stays on top of things. There is a new apartment complex being built on Fort King Road.. looks really nice.. I dont know if it will be ready within your time frame.

Old 08-16-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UkieGene View Post
Regency Townhomes - nice area, old (but not in a nice/quaint way) apartments
Hillside Trace - Busy area right on 301, small apartments, a little rundown.
Hillside Lane villas - Close to downtown, old apartments.
Oakcrest Apts - USDA rural low-income housing... nasty.
Countryside Villas - REALLY nasty!! Bad neighborhood.

Sweetwater are probably the best in the area. They do have their share of students, but the management really stays on top of things. There is a new apartment complex being built on Fort King Road.. looks really nice.. I dont know if it will be ready within your time frame.
Thanks. It is a bit depressing, I was hoping there would be something
more to rent than Sweewater. Can you tell me what areas to stay away from? I did find what I think are the new ones, Fort King it is called. Is that a good area?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 PM

286 posts, read 1,029,636 times
It's boring and out of the way. Downtown or Saint Leo U is the only slice of urbanity out there. I mean if you like country, Old South homogeny have at it. High average age also.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:49 AM

396 posts, read 601,597 times
grew up here as well myself; was right off 18th ct so close enough to downtown my brother and i found ourselves walking/biking to keifers, radio shack or the library. there were definitely downsides to living in a small town, but these experiences are probably what turned me into an urban enthusiast; once we moved to the sprawly subdivisions around atlanta, we found ourselves with much less personal freedom.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:53 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamanation View Post
It's boring and out of the way. Downtown or Saint Leo U is the only slice of urbanity out there. I mean if you like country, Old South homogeny have at it. High average age also.
OP's friend got a job at St. Leo and needs a place to live, so comments like this are not really helpful. she did not say she was looking for "urbanity."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay