U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 AM

26,765 posts, read 41,269,275 times

Advertisements

PASCO COUNTY --
CNN Money has ranked Wesley Chapel No. 3 on a list of most affordable homes.

The site says the town is attracting financial services firms like Raymond James and the jobs that come with them.

Other reasons why Wesley Chapel made the list: good schools, low taxes, and a location just 25 miles north of Tampa.

Median home price: $134,000
Median family income: $89,426

Wesley Chapel makes list of most affordable homes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 01:38 PM

286 posts, read 944,985 times
Yah, and is a Megachurch next? Color me unimpressed.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:05 PM

2,727 posts, read 4,603,391 times
Is the median household income really 89K? I am actually surprised by that. Can't find any source for that figure. City data puts that figure at 64K for 2009. That means in just two years the median income leapfrog by whopping 39%. Hard to believe these figures.

If 89K is correct, yeah a 134K house would be very affordable to half of the residents .

Old 08-18-2011, 09:36 PM

60 posts, read 147,614 times
We just moved to Wesley Chapel and are VERY happy with the location. We are renting, just because we just moved here and want to live here for a few years before we commit to buy. We've bought in the past right away when moving somewhere new only to regret it several months later when we discovered an area we like better.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindalou76 View Post
We just moved to Wesley Chapel and are VERY happy with the location. We are renting, just because we just moved here and want to live here for a few years before we commit to buy. We've bought in the past right away when moving somewhere new only to regret it several months later when we discovered an area we like better.
Very smart and I'm glad you like it just as much as we do.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:27 PM

272 posts, read 541,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Is the median household income really 89K? I am actually surprised by that. Can't find any source for that figure. City data puts that figure at 64K for 2009. That means in just two years the median income leapfrog by whopping 39%. Hard to believe these figures.

If 89K is correct, yeah a 134K house would be very affordable to half of the residents .
I guess it depends on which set of data you want to believe. I would not draw that conclusion based on reading two different reports. That being said a lot of areas are seeing slow to little depreciation (when compared to a year to year basis) and prices are holding in others. Homes that are priced correctly are selling briskly.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:10 PM

3 posts, read 5,472 times
How is the commute to Tampa (downtown) from Wesley Chapel?

Old 08-19-2011, 06:48 PM

2,727 posts, read 4,603,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Homes View Post
I guess it depends on which set of data you want to believe. I would not draw that conclusion based on reading two different reports. That being said a lot of areas are seeing slow to little depreciation (when compared to a year to year basis) and prices are holding in others. Homes that are priced correctly are selling briskly.
You are right just two sources of data may not mean that any of them are accurate. But I still could't find the source for the CNN article. Seems to me that is not correct, just a hunch that's all.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euodia View Post
Pretty good. I drove this week 5 x to tampa from Wesley Chapel and although I have occured a traffic jam or 2, I got there within 30 min., because I got off I-275 and got off at Bush blvd and took N Florida or Floridabraska (not sure the exact name) and we arrived only 5 min late and in total 10 min. later than we predicted. There are a couple of detours you can take if an accident happens on I-275. Some people just keep sitting on that road, maybe because they don't want to go off or because they don't know any other routes. We had to be in downtown Tampa for an important meeting and even had it once when we had to catch a flight...always take the nearest exit and take a different route

The new St. Rd 56 exit opened this week and I have to say that is a great thing, although a lot of drivers have no clue when the exit is coming up so lots of drivers drive slowly because they are afraid to miss the exit.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:38 PM

769 posts, read 1,877,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euodia View Post
I'd say 25-30 minutes in normal traffic (not super light or super heavy).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay