U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 08:49 AM

2 posts, read 5,418 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I just moved to Tampa few weeks ago and staying at a friends house temporarily, could anyone please tell me of any nice and saves areas to live in Tampa.

Thanks....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 AM

670 posts, read 1,140,701 times
There are too many to name. Tampa is pretty safe in general. It depends on where you want to leave, what you want to be close to and how far you're willing to commute, etc. I live in Riverview and love it here.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:15 PM

22 posts, read 33,812 times
I have lived all over Tampa, been here 10+ years and there are many good areas. Depending on how far you want to commute from work, price range that you are looking to pay for rent..etc.
Nice centrally located and middle class neighborhood- Carrollwood or Citrus Park.
Then you have in North Tampa: New Tampa, Tampa Palms- very nice but congested.
Another nice area that is centrally located, but higher price than above is Westchase.
There are much more...
If you have any other questions, feel free to message me.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:55 PM

61 posts, read 169,219 times
I personally am in my 30's and love the historic and downtown areas of St. Pete. Clearwater Beach is great too!

Old 08-28-2011, 06:52 PM

13 posts, read 28,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LianeJamason View Post
I personally am in my 30's and love the historic and downtown areas of St. Pete. Clearwater Beach is great too!
Where exactly is the historic and downtown areas of St. Pete?
I will be there in a few weeks, and would like to avoid the sketchy areas.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:40 PM
BBI

490 posts, read 859,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltema View Post
Where exactly is the historic and downtown areas of St. Pete? I will be there in a few weeks, and would like to avoid the sketchy areas.
The best part of downtown is bordered by 5th Ave S, 5th Ave N, the bay, and about 4th St. In particular, you'll want to check out Beach Dr from 5th Ave N to Central Ave, and Central Ave between 2nd St and 3rd St. Some restaurants/shops continue on Central Ave past 4th St., but it gets a little sparse, and, west of 4th there's not much anywhere other than just on Central Ave.

If you want to walk around a historic residential neighborhood, go with the Old Northeast. It's north of downtown, bordered by 5th Ave N, 28th Ave N, the bay and 4th St. It was mostly developed in the 20s, and has lots of craftsman style homes (but the home style diversity is what makes it a nice neighborhood to walk through). There's a park system that runs along the bay from downtown up through the Old NE, and there are frequently events/festivals/concerts at Vinoy park, which is on the bay from about 5th Ave NE to about 9th Ave NE.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 PM

272 posts, read 548,884 times
Quote:
They've done a great job with downtown St. Pete over the years I think.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:11 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,558,364 times
Quote:
Clearwater Beach is great too!
You wouldn't want to live there, though.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:05 AM

463 posts, read 959,989 times
Depends on what you consider best area. I would kill myself before living in suburbs line Temple Terrace, Carrolwood or New Tampa. While those areas might be nice, but they are worth nothing to me and wouldn't more there. For me South Tampa/Hyde park is the area to be in, active, somewhat walkable and close to things to do at night. Channelside and downtown St. Pete would be other areas i would consider living in.
However for some people, those areas are bad because of price, lack of your own yard etc. If you want advice that is geared more to you, tell us a little bit about yourself, what are you looking for, what is your price range, where is the job and what do you want to do after work.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 5,418 times
Thank you everyone that gives me an idea.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay