Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 06:56 PM

7 posts, read 12,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewas View Post
Check out Soho (a strip on S. Howard ave between Kennedy and Swan) for college age/young professional crowd. There is The Kennedy and Drynk clubs/lounges and bunch of bars.

Ybor is interesting. Some places is just down right scary, others you won't know what you will find inside. Feel free to check it out, however it is not the place where i would take my friends from out of town for a night out.

Int Plaza, by airport, has few places too, however they are quite expensive and geared more towards business crowd that stays in hotels around the airport
I heard some things about Ybor, how its a bad area and to avoid, Ill look at all of the places are Soho. Hows the are at night? Looks cleaner and nicer from the pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 07:05 PM

16 posts, read 25,690 times
It's def safe it that's your concern, as i said in terms of college kids, Kennedy's (especially Thu) or weekends, but it's always mixed with young professionals

Old 08-30-2011, 08:17 PM

286 posts, read 1,029,636 times
College scene, Peabody's definitely. Entire neighborhoods are better of course, in which case I recommend Ybor and SoHo with Channelside for hon. mention, but beware if under 21. Don't listen to people slamming Ybor. Dowotown St. Pete and Grand Central for the Burg side. Clearwater Beach for north Pinellas. There's lots of places.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:07 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKustom13 View Post
I heard some things about Ybor, how its a bad area and to avoid, Ill look at all of the places are Soho. Hows the are at night? Looks cleaner and nicer from the pictures.
Well Ybor you can meet characters with wife beater tshirt, pants around the knees and other "gangsta" looking people, also it has fair share of homeless people begging for change. Side streets look old, with dark corners (probably because tons of lighting in center streets, the contrast of side streets are much more noticeable) and old buildings, especially in the outskirts of Ybor. Soho on the other hand has more uniform lightning, the area is settled by people with good jobs in their late 20s early 30s, so wandering to the side street is not that big of a deal. Also i have not really noticed bums in SoHo at night so that one element of danger removed.

Go to both places, make up your own mind, this is just my experience, and while i'm not a fan of Ybor, i will go down there form time to time

Old 08-31-2011, 11:14 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKustom13 View Post
SoHo can be a bit pretentious. There's a lot of wanna-be yuppies and people pretending that it's Miami. I'm not saying there aren't also good people having fun, too. It's definitely not where you go to be around college students, though. It's more of the "young professional" crowd. (Is anyone else getting sick of that term?)

Old 08-31-2011, 08:16 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
SoHo can be a bit pretentious. There's a lot of wanna-be yuppies and people pretending that it's Miami. I'm not saying there aren't also good people having fun, too. It's definitely not where you go to be around college students, though. It's more of the "young professional" crowd. (Is anyone else getting sick of that term?)
I can't stand these 'young professionals' myself, even though I aspire to be one. Maybe I'm just jealous. I'm sorry but in your mid twenties you don't know squat as far as people skills go. I love to call them on their BS too, and watch them stumble for words in their nasally little emasculated voices. You know the ones I'm talking about right? Like those skinny pseudo professionals who work desk jobs at your local bank. Glorified retail clerks that is, who try to pass themselves off financial professionals.Probably haven't even taken a basic accounting course.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:13 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_scene View Post
I can't stand these 'young professionals' myself, even though I aspire to be one. Maybe I'm just jealous. I'm sorry but in your mid twenties you don't know squat as far as people skills go. I love to call them on their BS too, and watch them stumble for words in their nasally little emasculated voices. You know the ones I'm talking about right? Like those skinny pseudo professionals who work desk jobs at your local bank. Glorified retail clerks that is, who try to pass themselves off financial professionals.Probably haven't even taken a basic accounting course.
Lol this post made my night. Ahh we have a few of those in the O.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:40 AM

7 posts, read 12,291 times
Does anyone know any (I would prefer a smaller club), that is looking for a promoter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay