U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,065 times

Advertisements

I actually still live in San Diego however my employer is transferring me to a satellite office in Tampa, I need to be settled and at work on October 10. The caveat is that I need to have an apartment setup before I get there to avoid additional moving fees, so this will be a sight unseen transaction. I have lived in CA all my life so this is a huge change and I'm trying to make it a happy move, not something I will regret.

I have researched countless websites, google maps, apartment reviews, craigslist, etc. and I'm flabbergasted on where a safe and reasonably priced apartment would be in Tampa. I don't want to drive up and drive out in horror

I am reaching out to anyone who can recommend a complex or area that is safe for a single woman, or even places NOT to go as I appear to be finding more of those than good locations.

I only need a 1 br, up to $650 in rent and hopefully within 20 mins or so to work (which is at the MLK & Hwy 4).

Thank you in advance!

SDS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 07:31 PM

24 posts, read 57,202 times
Look at Carlton Arms North. I am not sure how far it is to where you will be working but you can do a mapquest to get the milage. I am taking a guess that you are used to a bit of traffic being from San Diego so this may not be much of an adjustment, but traffic can be heavy in Tampa during commuting hours. I live in Carlton Arms and feel safe, they have a guard 24/7 at the main gate. The apartments are a bit older than a lot of apartment complexes that I've seen, but for me the location, price and safety were a big factor in choosing it. There were people who suggested this apartment complex to me so they may know the commute to MLK/Rt 4 better than I do. Also check out the local news station, it gives you an idea of what is happening around Tampa. I am new myself so I don't have a lot of info on many areas around here.

caroltonarmsnorth.com

baynews9.com

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or