Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 05:26 PM

6 posts, read 11,953 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I just move to Tampa to attend USF and am looking for a low-cost place to play soccer year-round. Unfortunately USF doesn't offer a way to play soccer year round and I'm not looking to travel with the Club Soccer team.

I'm aware of Tampa Bay Club Sport but they are too far out of my price range. For reference, in Charlotte I paid $40 for a minimum of 7 games of 7v7 soccer on a field indoor (i.e. A/C, no walls). And that was when I had a job!

I'm not looking for shirts, awards, or that kind of stuff - I just want to play! I'd prefer it to be somewhere on the USF side of town (Temple Terrace, Brandon, Carrollwood, Wesley Chapel, etc).

If you know of any leagues (church leagues included) please let me know! I would greatly appreciate any help!!!!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 05:14 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,067,978 times
doubt if you will find much. my son just signed up for an adult league - $200 for the season. Pick up games in park is prob your best bet, anywhere where there is a diverse population, hispanic/euro/S.american - you wont find the avg us male doing those pick up play for fun things, not the culture, but its changing! You might even find them around the USF campus but unless you sign up, you can't prob play intramural, but if you are playing, intram then possibly those kids / men / women will play year round just for fun too. good luck

Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 PM

6 posts, read 11,953 times
Thanks for the response. I've already contacted some people at USF to see if they have any ideas. Unfortunately the intramural program at USF is severely lacking - soccer isn't offered in the Fall and I think they only play one month in the spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay