Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 06:39 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,537 times

Advertisements

You'll change your mind here in a couple weeks. You'll be enjoying cool dry nights in AZ soon. We'll still be running our AC's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 03:27 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,387,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle Poodle View Post
Tampa not being traffic friendly is an understatement. As in, expect to see an accident, or avoid an accident, or watch many people doing stupid things every time you leave your house. Turning left onto a 6 lane highway without looking is commonplace. I'm not exaggerating; God I wish I was.
this is 100% true. having to slow down because someone decided they're no longer going to properly yield the right of way is a DAILY occurence here. and better yet, the dumbest drivers usually give you the dirtiest looks; like you're the one at fault. hilarious how uneducated many drivers in tampa are.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:21 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle Poodle View Post
I agree except for the Carrollwood area, I was a victim of quite a few crimes while living in a supposedly "good" neighborhood in Carrollwood. It's not what it used to be. You want to stay out of the general Tampa area and head for the suburbs.

But honestly, stay in AZ! The school system overall here isn't that great, although I'm sure there are decent ones in there. Most of the year is similar to living in a sauna. Tampa not being traffic friendly is an understatement. As in, expect to see an accident, or avoid an accident, or watch many people doing stupid things every time you leave your house. Turning left onto a 6 lane highway without looking is commonplace. I'm not exaggerating; God I wish I was. There's not too much to do, and being outside during the majority of the year is awful. I'm a transplant from the Midwest, and can't wait to move out west myself.

Ya dont go to the ghetto to steal something nice!!

I do agree though, carollwood is spotty. I prefer a little further west in citrus park, westchase, odessa areas

Old 09-27-2011, 05:28 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,056 times
This is just amazing to me. The OP asked a question, and I'm not sure it's even been answered here. It was taken as an opportunity to slam the area again and nothing more.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:46 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Nobody slammed anything!

Everything said above was true!

Ppl driving there are not familiar with traffic laws, not sure why, but barely anyone is using turning signals, and there aren't any communities in his age range that are "active & like going out"! in the sense he expects. In how many subdivisions have you seen ppl out talking etc? generally if anyone's out, they have their ipods on and barely (if at all) say "Hi"!

If you found a place like that, consider youself very lucky on one hand, then on the 2nd hand ask yourself how many more ppl can move there.

Weather wise it would be a mistake coming from AZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
This is just amazing to me. The OP asked a question, and I'm not sure it's even been answered here. It was taken as an opportunity to slam the area again and nothing more.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:11 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
You will enjoy our Fall, just look at this ....

Old 10-01-2011, 07:41 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Nobody slammed anything!

Everything said above was true!

Ppl driving there are not familiar with traffic laws, not sure why, but barely anyone is using turning signals, and there aren't any communities in his age range that are "active & like going out"! in the sense he expects. In how many subdivisions have you seen ppl out talking etc? generally if anyone's out, they have their ipods on and barely (if at all) say "Hi"!

If you found a place like that, consider youself very lucky on one hand, then on the 2nd hand ask yourself how many more ppl can move there.

Weather wise it would be a mistake coming from AZ.
Do you really not see the issue here? The OP did not ask about the weather or whether or not people use their turn signals, what the traffic laws are, how many people might not want to say "hi" to him, etc.

How many neighborhoods do *I* see where people are out talking to each other? Well, there's mine, for one. Then there's my friend who lives a bit north of me. There's where I go to pick up my co-op every week. Geesh, I can't walk half a block there without someone saying hello. There's my friend who lives in the middle of the state who hangs out with nearly everyone in her subdivision. There's more, but maybe you get the point.

Weather wise, it would be a mistake for me to move to AZ. I don't like dry heat, it hurts. Every argument about the weather is ridiculous. It's different for everyone. I like heat and humidity. Other people don't. The OP didn't say what the case is for him, but posters felt the need to tell him how much he hates it anyway.

What exactly is he expecting from "going out"? He doesn't elaborate. How do you know what he means? And how much time did you ever spend exploring the night life? I remember posts about how far everything was, and I don't think you are a 20 something, so how would you know? What I know is there are multiple bars and clubs and restaurants of every type. When I am downtown I see 20 somethings all over the place and they all seem to be having a great time. That's St. Pete.... I don't know what it's like in Tampa, but I imagine it's similar; and yes I KNOW no one hangs out *downtown*, but it makes no difference that it's happening in places other than there.

There were only a couple people who attempted to provide requested information. The rest was just rude.

Last edited by Maggi07; 10-01-2011 at 08:38 AM..

Old 10-01-2011, 09:20 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Great points. The permanently unhappy must always voice their opinion regardless of the subject matter, even if they no longer live here. I can see why these folks don't find people to be friendly in their chosen areas of residence. Bad vibes transmit.

Quote:
Do you really not see the issue here? The OP did not ask about the weather or whether or not people use their turn signals, what the traffic laws are, how many people might not want to say "hi" to him, etc.

How many neighborhoods do *I* see where people are out talking to each other? Well, there's mine, for one. Then there's my friend who lives a bit north of me. There's where I go to pick up my co-op every week. Geesh, I can't walk half a block there without someone saying hello. There's my friend who lives in the middle of the state who hangs out with nearly everyone in her subdivision. There's more, but maybe you get the point.

Weather wise, it would be a mistake for me to move to AZ. I don't like dry heat, it hurts. Every argument about the weather is ridiculous. It's different for everyone. I like heat and humidity. Other people don't. The OP didn't say what the case is for him, but posters felt the need to tell him how much he hates it anyway.

What exactly is he expecting from "going out"? He doesn't elaborate. How do you know what he means? And how much time did you ever spend exploring the night life? I remember posts about how far everything was, and I don't think you are a 20 something, so how would you know? What I know is there are multiple bars and clubs and restaurants of every type. When I am downtown I see 20 somethings all over the place and they all seem to be having a great time. That's St. Pete.... I don't know what it's like in Tampa, but I imagine it's similar; and yes I KNOW no one hangs out *downtown*, but it makes no difference that it's happening in places other than there.

There were only a couple people who attempted to provide requested information. The rest was just rude.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:22 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Sounds like the Tampa suburbs would be good for you and your family. Lutz, Tarpon Springs, East Lake. Close enough to the city but suburbia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjj3 View Post
I am considering a move from Arizona to Tampa, FL. I am looking for a place to raise 2 young kids. My wife and I are in our late 20's. We are looking for a place with good schools, low crime, and communities where people are active and like getting out. We want a place that is close to nightlife, good people, and family oriented/activities. Any suggestions would be great and helpful...

Old 10-06-2011, 07:36 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,537 times
We're just trying to steer him in the right direction that's all, and save him an expensive move. When a zonie upgrades, it's usually to CA. Not to Florida, that's called downgrading. Tonight it will be a a chilly 59 degrees Phoenix, perfect for cracking the windows and getting under a blanket. But here, just my noisy window-unit AC as usual. The humidity came back. It's disgusting outside.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay