Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 09:56 AM

23 posts, read 38,783 times

Advertisements

Good morning to all the Good People We are looking for a Dental insurance Clearwater area ( Not a discount one ) a real Insurance Thank you Have fun weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 06:54 AM

792 posts, read 2,291,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luluka1 View Post
Good morning to all the Good People We are looking for a Dental insurance Clearwater area ( Not a discount one ) a real Insurance Thank you Have fun weekend
There is no good insurance anymore. I am serious.

Your better off just paying cash as you go. Most dentists will work out a payment plan to be done in installments if you need a lot of work.

I have the most expensive plan that my employer offers and the coverage is so lousy that I am literally better off just paying cash for the work. I intend to drop my dental insurance when they will let me.

I remember the good ole days when dental and health insurance really meant something. Those days are long gone.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:38 AM

Good morning and thank you very much

Old 09-10-2011, 07:46 AM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post

Your better off just paying cash as you go. Most dentists will work out a payment plan to be done in installments if you need a lot of work.

I have the most expensive plan that my employer offers and the coverage is so lousy that I am literally better off just paying cash for the work. I intend to drop my dental insurance when they will let me.

I remember the good ole days when dental and health insurance really meant something. Those days are long gone.
You got that right. I don't have heath Ins, home owners or flood. Just a total rip off.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:06 AM

626 posts, read 1,347,734 times
I used to underwrite for an Individual HMO provider and myself and the captive agents always recommended Safeguard for dental coverage.

Safeguard offers Individual dental plans (Safeguard.net) they are a part of Metlife. Their premier choice plan offers the best services for the best price...depending on what you need coverage for. If youre just looking for the basic 2x a year cleanings/exams/x-rays, they really cant be beat rate wise ($12 a month individual or $33 per family premier or $8 individual/$23 family for classic) Make sure you review the premiums and the summary of benefits to see if its a good choice for you and which plan offers more of what youre looking for.

I personally have had them for 2 years now and havent been disappointed with my $5 co-pays and claims always paid.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:31 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post

I agree. In the early 90's we had a GREAT plan that literally paid for thousands of $$$ worth of restoration work. Here recently we had "real" insurance that cost a fortune and had a limit of $1000 per year, which I still had to pay about 50%. The premiums were more than the coverage!!! It was stupid so we went back to the discount plan which has worked out great since now, two decades later, I needed a large amount of restorative work again. I wouldn't even bother with that if we didn't have it so cheap through my husband's work.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:59 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,107 times
I took a look at the web site. No waiting period for anything! Amazing! Sure wish I'd known about this prior to March. I had a bridge come loose, had to have it replaced and it cost me $3300.
I'm signing up for this. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
I used to underwrite for an Individual HMO provider and myself and the captive agents always recommended Safeguard for dental coverage.

Safeguard offers Individual dental plans (Safeguard.net) they are a part of Metlife. Their premier choice plan offers the best services for the best price...depending on what you need coverage for. If youre just looking for the basic 2x a year cleanings/exams/x-rays, they really cant be beat rate wise ($12 a month individual or $33 per family premier or $8 individual/$23 family for classic) Make sure you review the premiums and the summary of benefits to see if its a good choice for you and which plan offers more of what youre looking for.

I personally have had them for 2 years now and havent been disappointed with my $5 co-pays and claims always paid.

Last edited by Dallas Kitty; 09-12-2011 at 02:29 AM..

Old 09-12-2011, 09:25 AM

Thank you very much to all of you for the Good honest Information luluka1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay