U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-18-2007, 02:06 AM
 
10 posts, read 121,145 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Hello,

I would like to know if I could be given a list of areas that would be considered good to live and not so good to live but by zip code. If the distinction between family orientated neighborhoods and single orientated neighborhoods needs to be made go ahead and do that too; I'll be appreciative either way.

The reason that I ask is because I am currently thinking of coming to Tampa to live but am not as sure of the places that are better than others. I know that this question has been asked before in many ways but in terms of narrowing the places down to zip codes so that I can identify them specifically, that hasn't happened.

Thank you in advance as I await the responses.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2007, 08:10 AM
 
Location: South Tampa - Bayside West Neighborhood
1,824 posts, read 7,837,777 times
Reputation: 1032
Zip Codes can be deceiveing, as there may be good and bad parts of one zip code, You may be better off going by neighborhoods and areas/sections, but here you go(MY opinion):

Good to Live Tampa area Zip Codes:
33606,33611,33629,33609,33647,33637,33624,33618,33 635, 33549
33606,33602,33629,33609,33611(pretty much South Tampa, New Tampa, Carrollwood, Northdale, Westchase, Tampa Palms areas)
Both singles and families live in South Tampa, but this area and downtown attracts many single professionals.

Avoid:
parts of 33602, parts of 33603, parts of 33612, parts of 33613, 33605, parts of 33607(pretty much East Tampa, north Tampa just west of the University of South Florida, Drew Park/just east of the Airport area, and parts of up and coming areas of Seminole Heights(eastern), Tampa Heights, West Tampa, Ybor City as they go through positve changes.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2007, 11:37 AM
 
10 posts, read 121,145 times
Reputation: 11
tampaguy03 thanks a lot. This is a highly comprehensive "map" of the area by zip codes as I can see.

I understand your mentioning of there being some decent parts even within the places that you've suggested that one should avoid. My question now is in relation to the area 33612. I was, before this post looking at a condo in this area close to the Doby circle.

I can't tell right now if this area is in the basic East Tampa area that you're suggesting. If so, could you clarify a little as to what makes this a place in your mind to avoid?

Thanks again.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2007, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, AK
302 posts, read 421,068 times
Reputation: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
Zip Codes can be deceiveing, as there may be good and bad parts of one zip code, You may be better off going by neighborhoods and areas/sections, but here you go(MY opinion):

Good to Live Tampa area Zip Codes:
33606,33611,33629,33609,33647,33637,33624,33618,33 635, 33549
33606,33602,33629,33609,33611(pretty much South Tampa, New Tampa, Carrollwood, Northdale, Westchase, Tampa Palms areas)
Both singles and families live in South Tampa, but this area and downtown attracts many single professionals.

Avoid:
parts of 33602, parts of 33603, parts of 33612, parts of 33613, 33605, parts of 33607(pretty much East Tampa, north Tampa just west of the University of South Florida, Drew Park/just east of the Airport area, and parts of up and coming areas of Seminole Heights(eastern), Tampa Heights, West Tampa, Ybor City as they go through positve changes.

Also avoid:
33604 (Sulphur Springs) 33610 (East Tampa/East Lake area), 33619 (Orient Park and Clair Mel areas), and 33617 south of the Hillsborough River.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2007, 12:59 PM
 
10 posts, read 121,145 times
Reputation: 11
Thank you very much.

If you could also let me get a feel of exactly what it is that makes these area codes "places to avoid" would you please list those too? Maybe it's the crime rate over there, or that the population is too high there, or that there are many broken down homes there, or that in general the market is just going down in that area, or that insurance rates are too high there; in effect if I could get more of a description to go along with the zip codes( since I'm pretty sure you know why these places have acquired such bad reputations) that would be perfect.

Thanks again...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2007, 03:01 PM
 
Location: South Tampa - Bayside West Neighborhood
1,824 posts, read 7,837,777 times
Reputation: 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPHIREVISION View Post
tampaguy03 thanks a lot. This is a highly comprehensive "map" of the area by zip codes as I can see.

I understand your mentioning of there being some decent parts even within the places that you've suggested that one should avoid. My question now is in relation to the area 33612. I was, before this post looking at a condo in this area close to the Doby circle.

I can't tell right now if this area is in the basic East Tampa area that you're suggesting. If so, could you clarify a little as to what makes this a place in your mind to avoid?

Thanks again.
Doby Circle is right smack in the middle of "Suitcase City" some of the areas worst crime. Most south of Bearss Ave, North fo Busch Blvd, West of 30th/Bruce B Downs, and East of Florida Avenue try to avoid.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2007, 06:15 PM
 
10 posts, read 121,145 times
Reputation: 11
Thanks a lot again tampaguy03. It's funny how when one is just looking at the property themselves they can't get a good idea of how the neighborhood might be at all.

Well, I've been looking all over now and trying to avoid the zip codes mentioned above.

This new information has gotten me looking at the Clearwater. If anyone has similar information on the Clearwater area...please fell free to post too.

thanks again...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2007, 06:18 PM
 
2,539 posts, read 3,773,879 times
Reputation: 998
Try 33543 and 33544, Wesley Chapel area. A growing area. Good for families and not in the city.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2007, 10:23 PM
 
36 posts, read 204,325 times
Reputation: 31
in general your best bet would be to consider northdale, carollwood, new tampa, south tampa, and avoid everything else.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2007, 04:18 PM
 
2,539 posts, read 3,773,879 times
Reputation: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc11890 View Post
in general your best bet would be to consider northdale, carollwood, new tampa, south tampa, and avoid everything else.
If you only don't mind living in the city....
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top