U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 10:46 AM

249 posts, read 407,716 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am finally going to retrieve all my stuff, and it will have to be moved from Port Everglades to St-Pete. it represents about 650 cubic feet of delicate furniture, clothes, books etc...

I need someone who will load it, transport then unload it carefully in my house. I can't do anything myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. . I have also heard about an auction site... no idea if it is interesting and serious.

Thanks a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 07:10 AM

13,773 posts, read 34,895,404 times
You can do a search on movers on this forum but I recall others recommending 2 men and a truck. If you need help with the search let me know.

I used Grabel to move out of state and was very happy with them. They move instate too. They mover was great and the estimator was very nice and professional. Not pushy at all. I only had them move my big furniture though.

Check the BBB before you hire anyone. You might see complaints on all of them but it is what they did to resolve the problem that matters.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:21 PM

1,480 posts, read 4,597,213 times
I don't know if they are only local, but I've used Rock's Moving Co. a couple of times (they were referred by a friend) and they've always done a fine job.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:11 PM

877 posts, read 1,684,790 times
Rock's is really, really good. I could not recommend them more highly.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:52 AM

239 posts, read 692,247 times
I used the following
http://movers-tampafl.com/
AAA All Professional Movers, James
(813)835 - 5096
moversinbrandon@gmail.com

The lead guy is a bit gruff and no-nonsense. They are NOT cheap, but they are the BEST movers I've ever used. As expensive as their hourly rate is, they probably saved me money b/c they ran their collective tushies off. Typical movers milk the clock.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:49 AM

Thanks a lot. Now I know where to start the job .
And thanks for reminding me about BBB, I was forgetting to check . It IS mostly big (and delicate) furniture.
I have a few days to decide

Old 09-15-2011, 06:16 AM

3,380 posts, read 8,181,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
I used the following
Movers Tampa | AAA All Professional Moving | Moving Company Tampa | Mover Tampa
AAA All Professional Movers, James
(813)835 - 5096
moversinbrandon@gmail.com

The lead guy is a bit gruff and no-nonsense. They are NOT cheap, but they are the BEST movers I've ever used. As expensive as their hourly rate is, they probably saved me money b/c they ran their collective tushies off. Typical movers milk the clock.
Absolutely, do not think just because some movers are cheaper per hour its going to cost you less.

Found some a company on craigslist to move my larger stuff from our rental into the home we purchased. They took forever. What I though would have been a 3 - 4 hour job took them over 6. I had to eventually help them so they would move faster and instruct them how to load up their truck to make more stuff fit.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:03 PM

done , meaning I am in the middle of thousand boxes .

After a short search because my contractor did a ****ty work... and it's not finished, (Rocks is very very expensive), estimates going from 1100 to... 2400 (and not a flat rate) , a lot of junk mails, I finally chose Fast Moves, he is in Clearwater.

I think the guy is alone, and hires some men when arriving (I didn't have to pay 4 men from Miami to SP), he is very nice, very reliable, he did a superb job, he had planned to be here at around 5 pm, he was there at 4. They unpacked the furniture, nothing is damaged... after such a long trip from Cancun, I am very happy with him , I couldn't recommend him more. It was the cheapest, and flat rate.

I almost chose a company from Miami FLATRATEMoving & Storage, his (flat? ) fare went from 1200... to 1800 after asking me for the volume . He already knew the weight. Abuse!!!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:21 PM

213 posts, read 579,720 times
just saw your post not sure if you have moved or not, I have used 2 men and a truck 3 different times, all 3 times they have shown up on time, been friendly, were careful with my furniture, were very quick. you can go online to request a quote and they call you back in a timely fashion, and have always been nice and helpful on the phone. and, the best part is they were very reasonable, would recommend them!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:46 PM

Thank you, straw.... as you can see just above, it is done and well done, I chose Fast Movers (the driver coming alone from Miami, got 3 more men here to help). I recommend him. He was there one hour earlier than planned, he is very nice. He also was the cheapest one (that's not the reason I chose him, but he gave me a flat rate)... so the saying "you get what you pay for" is not always true .
BTW, he told me horror stories (confirmed by others, newspapers articles) about BBB. I can post it, but in a different topic, if that can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay