U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 11:24 AM

18 posts, read 30,881 times

Advertisements

Husband and I are retirees in late 60's. Would like to move to an area near our daughter & her family...she lives in the Countryside area of Clearwater. She works at a medical building somewhere in Trinity, and her husband works in Clearwater on Gulf to Bay Blvd. Where would be a good location for us so that we won't be too far from their home and my daughter's workplace in Trinity so that we could help with babysitting? We like the Eastlake Rd. area (or is it called Mitchell Rd. in the Trinity area?), but are there any new homes being built there? I can find only used homes in Heritage Springs and other Trinity neighborhoods. What about The Sabals Townhomes? We don't need an age restricted area as such; age diversity in a neighborhood is fine with us as we enjoy young families and children. We like gated, but it's not absolutely necessary. We do want an upscale area, and I need conveniences like good medical facilities, malls, restaurants. My parents lived in Beacon Woods (Bayonet Point/New Port Richey) for 30 years, but it was a very different neighborhood back in 1979, full of educated retirees with money. Not so today. So much negative news coming out of West Pasco; I'm afraid to look anyplace off Little Rd. north of Mitchell Plaza. What about developments on SR54? Any high end neighborhoods with one-floor homes or upscale townhomes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 03:18 PM

4,550 posts, read 6,844,842 times
Eastlake is a very good area, but there's no new homes being built there.
Trinity has some new homes being built now, and it is nice too.
Wish you luck!

Old 09-13-2011, 07:23 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,558,152 times
Longleaf seems like it would fit what you are looking for. I wouldn't venture much further north of Trouble Creek or West of Little.

What kind of price are you talking about by saying upscale? Upscale in north Pinellas will get quite pricey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay