U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:07 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,106,438 times

Advertisements

Hi MsHayes. Could you state the general area where your work will be located. There are many areas with the short commute to daycare and an elementary school, but without knowing about where you will be working it is hard to post anything to your request. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,110 times
What I liked about the tampa bay area was-- it had water near by all around fresh and salt.. (I like to fish) but, I don't believe, I want to be on the water near the ocean for the insurance rates. I personally believe in global warming.... and I can get to the water in five minutes and pay less taxes, plus I am not in a tourist area where the prices are out of line for the normal folks... meaning people not just ready to simply over spend for fun.. On RT. 19 you can find almost anything you could ever want, We have great food, great recreation, good roads, and plenty of reasonable deals as far as shopping would go.. Not in a flood area, just a nice area to live.. We can go to Clearwater beach in about 35 minutes if we want to and about 40 minutes to the airport, tons of hospitals with top reps around.. its not at all a bad place to retire.. Or have kids. But, I am moving to Maine. need to. But I must say- This home has brought me a lot of luck, and, I have been blessed with some really nice friends... I will miss them... kinda sorry I have to leave. I am not on the internet much so if you do respond you will have to at the e mail I provided (like I said) Not on line to often... thanks for reading and have a blessed day..

Old 10-21-2013, 05:34 AM

24,129 posts, read 13,818,008 times
wow real estate galore- I am not in the business- but the most generous homes I have seen, not by the water, are off Hutchinson Rd -is that Odessa? niceee

Old 10-21-2013, 06:30 AM

642 posts, read 899,834 times
OP, A sleeper area would be Temple Terrace east of 56th street and Fowler back by the Hillsborough River

Old 10-21-2013, 07:21 PM

152 posts, read 435,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
South Tampa NOG (North of Gandy) or Davis Island would be my suggestion. Close to the airport and close to shopping and restaurants. Many big older homes that have nice yards and are on the bay. Bayshore Beautiful in one nab that comes to mind but there are many other. There is at least one that is gated and has a guard.

Terra Verde is nice but I think it is more than 40 mins to TPA.
I live in Tierra Verde and if you don't hit the drawbridge you can get to the airport in lest ha 40 minutes. It's conveniently located to the highway, yet you would never know it when on the islands!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or