U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-15-2011, 02:48 PM
 
6,441 posts, read 4,711,115 times
Reputation: 13553

Advertisements

Never before have I seen water leave stains the way it does here. I buy bottled water for drinking and cooking and there's a filter on the shower. What I can't keep up with is the stains in the toilet that the fresh water leaves below each little input opening and water level. The toilet in one bathroom is rarely used so the water just sitting there gets the same stain in a ring around the top of the water.

Any suggestions on the best thing to use in the tank to prevent this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-15-2011, 04:20 PM
 
6,441 posts, read 4,711,115 times
Reputation: 13553
Update: I got all the stains off with a pumice stone. What I'm trying to find is something to add to the tank that will be a continuous help. Haven't found that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
Never before have I seen water leave stains the way it does here. I buy bottled water for drinking and cooking and there's a filter on the shower. What I can't keep up with is the stains in the toilet that the fresh water leaves below each little input opening and water level. The toilet in one bathroom is rarely used so the water just sitting there gets the same stain in a ring around the top of the water.

Any suggestions on the best thing to use in the tank to prevent this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2011, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Wake County, NC
2,983 posts, read 4,071,182 times
Reputation: 3516
It sounds like you have lime building up. Do you have a water softener?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2011, 04:39 PM
 
1,581 posts, read 3,005,360 times
Reputation: 759
We had the same problem until we cranked up the water softener to recharge every 3 days. Since then we haven't had a problem and we also use Kaboom automatic toilet cleaners in the tank.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2011, 04:47 PM
 
Location: Tampa Bay`·.¸¸ ><((((º>.·´¯`·><((((º>
4,572 posts, read 7,012,594 times
Reputation: 13542
I use a bleach tablet that you add to the tank. Get it at Walmart.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2011, 05:19 PM
 
6,441 posts, read 4,711,115 times
Reputation: 13553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
It sounds like you have lime building up. Do you have a water softener?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
We had the same problem until we cranked up the water softener to recharge every 3 days. Since then we haven't had a problem and we also use Kaboom automatic toilet cleaners in the tank.
I'm in a rental condo so have to go with whatever I can do with the toilet. Just took a look at the Kaboom and it looks like a winner. Knowing it's working for you in Tampa is a big help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
I use a bleach tablet that you add to the tank. Get it at Walmart.
Thanks for the mention, Annie. I'll be out tomorrow to get some of that and also the Kaboom. With all the browsing I've done, looks like it all depends on where you are and what's going on with water in the area.

Thank you, Not_Liking_FL, nphomeowner and Annie!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Wake County, NC
2,983 posts, read 4,071,182 times
Reputation: 3516
If Kaboom doesn't work you could try C.L.R.(?). I know it's sold at Lowe's and HD. Be careful with the pumice stone that can scratch the finish on your toilet.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:44 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top