U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:22 AM

26 posts, read 90,561 times

Advertisements

OK, sounds like honeymoon island is the better one. I had a look at some of the pics on google earth and it truly looks like paradise. Is it just a deserted beach, or are there amenities there?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 01:01 PM

471 posts, read 1,544,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingScotlandforFL View Post
OK, sounds like honeymoon island is the better one. I had a look at some of the pics on google earth and it truly looks like paradise. Is it just a deserted beach, or are there amenities there?
The main part of the beach has a cafe/gift shop,rest rooms, and you can rent umbrellas. There are more isolated areas of the beach that have swings and picnic tables along the shore. And then there is the dog beach, nature trails, the new nature center.
Along the causeway you can rent kayaks, parasail, fish.
It's like having paradise for your backyard.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:54 PM

Sounds excellent! What is the deal with dog beaches? I'm assuming dogs are not allowed on normal beaches, and they are on dog beaches, and there would be plenty dog waste cans?
We don't have any real sunbathing beaches in Scotland so it's not an issue, dogs go wherever they please because everyone is just out for a walk, not to be lying down relaxing.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:40 PM

471 posts, read 1,544,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingScotlandforFL View Post
Sounds excellent! What is the deal with dog beaches? I'm assuming dogs are not allowed on normal beaches, and they are on dog beaches, and there would be plenty dog waste cans?
We don't have any real sunbathing beaches in Scotland so it's not an issue, dogs go wherever they please because everyone is just out for a walk, not to be lying down relaxing.
Dogs are only allowed on designated beaches, and only some allow them off leash. They have bin posts with plastic bags to scoop-you supply the scooper-although some of the bags are shaped for hand scooping. They also have a hose area where you can give poochie a bath.

I've been to Ireland where the dogs also go wherever they please-by themselves of course. It was interesting to watch them stroll along-just like humans and never threatening. But you won't see that here in the US.
Dogs must be on a leash everywhere except for the dog parks/beaches where they are specifically allowed off leash.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:05 AM

Ah OK, it's probably just as well because I don't see my stupid Lab ever being well behaved enough to run off the leash without jumping up on every stranger then lying down with his lipstick out

Old 04-29-2008, 04:00 PM

123 posts, read 325,511 times
Many dog beaches have a fenced off area so your dog can mingle w/other dogs and their owners but away from general sunbathers. Davis Island over in Tampa has a good one. Back to Dunedin which is where I had meant you could ride your bike to , whcih I still highly recommend .( no, not Clearwater Beach which is south than Dunedin and far to noisy and touristy for locals.) Of course if your a teen you would prefer Clearwater Beach.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 8,441 times
Default Moving to Tampa from fairfield county CT

Hi,
I am considering moving to Tampa(palm harbor,dunedin,safety harbor) for a job promotion. Having a hard time trying to find out what towns would be good with children (2, and 5). any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

Old 06-26-2008, 09:42 AM

2 posts, read 8,441 times
Default are you in the area yet? if so where? I am planing on relocating to Plam harbor and I would appreciate any tips.

I red your post, I am considering moving to Tampa or Clearwater for a job promotion. Having a hard time trying to find out what towns would be good with children (2, and 5). any tips highly apprecited.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 PM

43 posts, read 244,746 times
We ended up in Dunedin and really like it.

What part of the country are you coming from? Can you describe the current place that you live in and what kind of area that you seek...? Where would work be?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:18 AM

22 posts, read 92,083 times
Enjoyed your assessment, but your lack of data on Palm Harbor made us sound like some remote outpost lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or