Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 12:36 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,316,881 times

Advertisements

Who cares what it looks like as long as it is smooth.

And it should not be a money issue, they usually charge the residents of a neighborhood when it's paved, just tax the hell out of the bayshore residents like they do us when our roads are repaved. Unlike us, THEY can afford it...

Old 01-07-2012, 12:48 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
Its a trend. Ramblewood road is a QUILT!

Old 01-07-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Its a trend. Ramblewood road is a QUILT!
Assuming you are talking about the Ramblewood Rd that is the back exit to Cheval and next to Lake Carlton Arms apartments, who cares... The Cheval people can pay for that, I dont think it is even a county maintained road, it goes nowhere. Cant really compare that to Bayshore.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:03 PM

The road does not belong to the Cheval residents. The city or county maintains it, and it is not just for Cheval either, it goes around passed Cheval.

Van Dyke rd is the same, Race Track is the same...and I could name even more roads... look at Hillsborough ave...the fact that Bayshore is parallel to some expensive properties has nothing to do with the overall mentality about road maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Assuming you are talking about the Ramblewood Rd that is the back exit to Cheval and next to Lake Carlton Arms apartments, who cares... The Cheval people can pay for that, I dont think it is even a county maintained road, it goes nowhere. Cant really compare that to Bayshore.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:14 PM

97 posts, read 353,065 times
Quote:
Who cares what it looks like as long as it is smooth.
I do.

It also annoys me when someone "tags" a wall under an overpass and the city repaints with a shade of color that doesn't match. They can't use a standardized color for that?

They JUST repainted the expressway overpass at Howard Ave and had to cover up some graffiti, but they couldn't match the color a few weeks later.

Being consistent matters, and if you don't agree, then enjoy your half-assed life of horrible taste.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:20 PM

That road is anything but smooth, but if nobody cares, then If my car incurs any damage because they didn't fix it properly, I will send them my automechanic bill. Maybe they'll start "carrying" then.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:48 PM

Function over form... there are better things to spend money on rather than, "oh, that shade of pavement is different than over there"

Give me a break...

You want to get rid of some eyesores, get rid of MacFarlane park

Last edited by Keeper; 01-08-2012 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: orphaned quote

Old 01-07-2012, 04:06 PM

...and this is precisely the mentality that brings on my comments about the "City of Tampa", and the way it is ran!

The fact that there is flat out no pride what so ever on the mayor's part to make its city beautiful for its residents first, then the tourists, it is shameful at best.

And for as long as this mentality will prevail, all that remains are patched up roads, and dilapidated store fronts, and the spread of crack towns.

What are those better things exactly? because I don't see money being spent to create a plausible transit system, I don't see stores being fined for looking like crap......what are these people really doing? because visually, they don't seem to be doing a lot for their city, which makes me wonder why besides a 6 figure salary, did they ever get into that position if they weren't going to nothing to make the city look nice!?

Quote:
Function over form... there are better things to spend money on rather than, "oh, that shade of pavement is different than over there"

Give me a break...

Old 01-07-2012, 04:09 PM

Pride means nothing if there is no money to "do it right"... and the area is full of teabaggers, unemployeds, retirees sucking the lifeblood and tax funds dry while they wait to die, and people who dont want to pay taxes for ANYTHING.

It's unfortunate. But in this case, I have zero sympathy for this "the pavement is different colored" nonsense. As long as it's smooth. And I have no idea if it is or not, I never drive that way.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:06 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,385,548 times
Quote:

Give me a break...

bayshore blvd is not a "lowest common denominator" road, it's one of the jewels of this overall-depressing city, and tampa needs all the positive press it can get.

to say that it shouldn't have form *and* function just goes to show why so many of us think this town is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay