Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:18 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,566,609 times

Advertisements

Really looked like TB was going to be a powerhouse in postseason this year after they whipped Texas in the first game of the ALDS. At least they eliminated the BoSox from playoff contention, took sole possession of second place in the AL East find standings, got the wildcard playoff spot, and that was a major victory for the Tampa Bay Rays and their fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 08:28 PM

7,119 posts, read 8,611,763 times
Joe Madden is a moron...I rest my case!

Old 10-04-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
Really looked like TB was going to be a powerhouse in postseason this year after they whipped Texas in the first game of the ALDS. At least they eliminated the BoSox from playoff contention, took sole possession of second place in the AL East find standings, got the wildcard playoff spot, and that was a major victory for the Tampa Bay Rays and their fans.
Now we all break into "Tomorrow" from Annie!!

Old 10-05-2011, 03:49 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,275,077 times
Tuesday's crowd of 28,229 was the smallest playoff crowd in the history of the team. It was the smallest crowd in the MLB playoffs since 1981, when the Brewers drew 26,375 in a division series game against the Yankees.

OUCH!

Old 10-05-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Joe Madden is a moron...I rest my case!
What case did you make? I must have missed that post.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
What case did you make? I must have missed that post.
His stupid moves cost us a critcal games..1st bringing in Howell to pitch against Hamilton...2nd not running Rodriguez at end of the game to keep Shopach out of the double play 3rd letting Upton steal when everyone knew they were going to throw a pitch out ! So if your whole ambition in life is to keep Boston out of the playoffs then I guess it was a GREAT year but it's that atitude that will keep Rays Stadium empty and Tampa Bay a second rate baseball market!

Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,173,238 times
Quote:
Tuesday's crowd of 28,229 was the smallest playoff crowd in the history of the team. It was the smallest crowd in the MLB playoffs since 1981, when the Brewers drew 26,375 in a division series game against the Yankees.

OUCH!
ESPN's Mike & Mike touched on that fact this morning and both believed there is no excuse for not filling that stadium for an important playoff game. TV viewership was also down for game 4. According to them, the economy can't be used as an excuse as the economy in Detroit is also bad, if not worse. The starting time for the game can also not be used as stadiums for other afternoon playoff games were filled. Stuart Sternberg says the current business model is not sustainable, given the Rays have had 4 consecutive good seasons.

The writing could be on the wall soon for a relocation ...

Old 10-05-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
His stupid moves cost us a critcal games..1st bringing in Howell to pitch against Hamilton...2nd not running Rodriguez at end of the game to keep Shopach out of the double play 3rd letting Upton steal when everyone knew they were going to throw a pitch out ! So if your whole ambition in life is to keep Boston out of the playoffs then I guess it was a GREAT year but it's that atitude that will keep Rays Stadium empty and Tampa Bay a second rate baseball market!
That guy you keep calling a moron will win his second Manager of the Year award this season. He's taken a team w/ a quarter of the payroll of the NYY and Boston to the playoffs three of the last four years and to the World Series once. He's done it practically with a team of minor leaguers.

I'm know who the moron is.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
ESPN's Mike & Mike touched on that fact this morning and both believed there is no excuse for not filling that stadium for an important playoff game. TV viewership was also down for game 4. According to them, the economy can't be used as an excuse as the economy in Detroit is also bad, if not worse. The starting time for the game can also not be used as stadiums for other afternoon playoff games were filled. Stuart Sternberg says the current business model is not sustainable, given the Rays have had 4 consecutive good seasons.

The writing could be on the wall soon for a relocation ...
They didn't tell fans until Sunday what time the Tuesday game is. I don't think the Rays receive much respect from the MLB as evidence by continuing to give NY the prime time games. People work, children go to school. The Monday game was already sold out.

If you listened to Mike and Mike you clearly heard the reason for professional sports franchises having problems in FLA because I did. Mike Golic clearly said that transplants in the area don't support the local teams. Period. And the transplants are oldtimer retirees - who hold on to their old teams.

Take the team away - I've been supporting them since day 1 that I arrived in Tampa. Believe me, I can find a lot of things to do with the $1-2k I spend annually on Tampa sporting events. I'm just tired of the constant whining by the billionaire owners when the everyday Joe is having a hard time paying the mortgage.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
That guy you keep calling a moron will win his second Manager of the Year award this season. He's taken a team w/ a quarter of the payroll of the NYY and Boston to the playoffs three of the last four years and to the World Series once. He's done it practically with a team of minor leaguers.

I'm know who the moron is.
That's right call me names but don't address the three most recents bad moves I cited in my post! Sure keep crying about the payroll of other teams it doesn't change the fact that Madden has made bad moves at crucial times and cost Tampa the series!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay