U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 11:14 AM

8 posts, read 11,264 times

Advertisements

Hi all, my X and daughters plan to move to Tampa. I dont live in the area but visit my kids once a month for about 5 days on average. Rather than pay to stay at hotels i figured i would take advantage of the housing crisis "i can say this because i have a vacant house sitting in Atlanta and i am upside down like everyone else," anyway I am looking to be within 45 mins of Tampa and plan on spending around 80k for a decent little house. Yes, i know 80k will not buy alot but i am looking for a basic 3 bedroom home. I have been on Zillow and re-searched around and there seem to be a bunch of older houses in that area for less than 80k. Problem is i am not sure about all the areas. To be honest i do not mind if the area is a little sketchy, what i dont want is drug dealers hanging out on the corner etc. Also, i need to leave the house for approx 20 to 30 days at a time without worrying if someone is going to break in. PLease let me know a good area where i can find this type of home. It can be 45 mins anywhere around Tampa - closer to the beach the better , thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 11:16 AM

8 posts, read 11,264 times
oh, also looking for a realtor with alot of expereince in that area - thanks

Old 09-29-2011, 01:50 PM

3,380 posts, read 8,255,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjet View Post
Hi all, my X and daughters plan to move to Tampa. I dont live in the area but visit my kids once a month for about 5 days on average. Rather than pay to stay at hotels i figured i would take advantage of the housing crisis "i can say this because i have a vacant house sitting in Atlanta and i am upside down like everyone else," anyway I am looking to be within 45 mins of Tampa and plan on spending around 80k for a decent little house. Yes, i know 80k will not buy alot but i am looking for a basic 3 bedroom home. I have been on Zillow and re-searched around and there seem to be a bunch of older houses in that area for less than 80k. Problem is i am not sure about all the areas. To be honest i do not mind if the area is a little sketchy, what i dont want is drug dealers hanging out on the corner etc. Also, i need to leave the house for approx 20 to 30 days at a time without worrying if someone is going to break in. PLease let me know a good area where i can find this type of home. It can be 45 mins anywhere around Tampa - closer to the beach the better , thanks

I would suggest a condo. They are typically safer leaving vacant for long periods of time. Also don't worry about mowing the yard or coming back to a tree branch on your roof that has been sitting there for 20 - 30 days.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:23 PM

272 posts, read 543,827 times
Not only can get a newer home for under 80k in a decent neighborhood you can get it in a newer one. A quick search of Riverview/Ruskin area bring up roughly 17 homes all under 80k, all built in the 2000's and all 3/2s. A bank owned in Summerfield for instance is asking 78k for 3/2, 1235 sq ft. Closer to the beach will more than likely mean older homes in older neighborhoods. A condo is also a great idea, especially if you're going to be going away for an extended time. Lock and leave. Honestly though for under 80k, you have a lot to choose from, especially since your criteria is reasonable.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,144 times
chris this is your soon to be ex,, and tell me what your looking for and i will try and help.. looking for houses as well,, very nice area to live
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or