Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 05:28 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,451,856 times

Advertisements

Most apartment complex reviews I take w/ a grain of salt. My apartment complex isn't rated that high, but I like it. We have lived here for about 3 1/2 years. It has lower reviews than the complex we came from, and I like the current one much better.

However, we are moving though to a complex in Wesley Chapel that has really good ratings. Could they be from the management? Of course they can be, however the amount of bad reviews are really low, so that is a good sign. People usually only write a review if they had an issue. I will be writing a review on my current one when we move out and I'll probably rate it a 3 or 4, but I'll recommend it. Overall, yes I like my complex but the washer/dryer is out on the patio, and it's annoying to have to go out there for the laundry. Plus we want a 2/2, so when we have out of town guests they'll have their own room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 12:57 PM

23 posts, read 103,311 times
So I wanted to add my two cents seeing as I moved to Tampa 6 months ago. I found my current apartment in Historic Hyde Park (I live in a little shack about the size of a 400sq ft studio for $700 a month with no utilities included), and though the residents do provide a feeling of respect for their neighborhood that comes with living in a more affluent area, you also have to deal with very high living costs at a price that doesn't provide much bang for your buck. The Hyde Park/Palma Ceia neighborhoods are largely populated by upper middle to lower upper class families that don't mind spending a little extra for less, because let's face it, what's the different in paying for a $500,000+ home house you can get for $300,000 up North when you can drive the economy of a more desirable area to make money for you? Home prices are climbing in the South Tampa area because they are deemed "more desirable" by the folks with money, and this in turn raises rents across the board. Are the neighborhoods nice? Yes, they are beautiful. Are there great schools? My guess is that there are great schools (I don't have children so I can't be too sure about that). Do I really think that the extra money spent is worth what the area provides? Unless you work downtown or very close to the Hyde Park area, I honestly don't think so. I've lived in many different parts of the country and have seen what both big and small cities have to offer, so I can say in confidence that the cost of living does not validate what the Hyde Park area has to offer. Does the higher rent give a feeling that you are part of something that only a select few can afford? Sure. But I also enjoy nice places to eat, tons of accessible shopping, and grassy areas for myself and my dog to enjoy. The South Howard/Hyde Park areas do not offer such luxuries, in my opinion. Maybe I have been spoiled with awesome food and shopping experiences over the years with my past places of residence, but the SoHo area just doesn't do it for me. What it does cater to is someone that enjoys walking to the bars on South Howard, to those that enjoy paying more for less (giving that feeling again of exclusivity.... I mean Bayshore Blvd and Hyde Park do have some amazing homes to gauk at), and those that want to do a remodel job to make a profit on their already growing property value (South Tampa is growing in new construction and remodels). There is construction being done on and around South Howard that has raised home prices, which in turn makes the area more desirable from the outside looking in, but what Hyde Park really offers is access to Bayshore Beautiful, walkable bar access, and a concentration of people wanting the most of what Tampa has to offer (you have to be the judge if this area does this for you). If these things are for you then by all means move to Hyde Park. There is a large presence of young professionals in this area, but you'll find the same crowd anywhere you go. There's really nothing special about having more eye candy where you live. There are beautiful people wherever you go. With those things being said, I really do like my neighborhood. It is well kept and there are some very nice families that live around me. Being able to walk to a bar if I feel like going out is great, and walking around on a nice night is awesome because you feel safe wherever you go.

So, with having said all that, I've made up my mind to move up North. I work in Lutz and plan on moving to North Carrollwood, Wesley Chapel, New Tampa, or Lutz in the near future. I will get 2x's the apartment for what I pay now, and there will be more space for my dog and myself to be outdoors. I've seen what N. Dale Mabry has to offer in the way of stores/shopping, and I am sure I will be happier if I move to that area. I'm having trouble though because what I've had to go by are online reviews for apartments, and though some reviews are misleading, they do offer an insight that I find common among individuals renting from apartment complexes. Can anyone steer me to an area that has open fields, tons of shopping, and within the price range of 700-800$? I work in Lutz so I'm trying to stay as close to there as possible.... Thanks and please feel free to ask questions about my experiences moving from out of state (never having been to FL before), and how I feel now about my new home!

Old 01-07-2014, 08:24 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,754 times
Just remember, EVERY apartment complex has:
1) Roaches
2) Bad crime
3) Terrible maintenance

According to EVERY review under EVERY apartment complex. I've also lived in some complexes without those issues.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:45 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,074 times
I've said it before and I'll say it again Waterside at Coquina Key SOUTH is a fantastic complex of condos and townhouses all overlooking the water.
Absolute paradise with great neighbours, security as tight as a camel's ass in a sandstorm, two pools, a gym,tennis courts, a friendly HOA and a really great bar with cheap drinks and eats.
Who could want for more ?

Old 01-09-2014, 02:52 PM

185 posts, read 318,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again Waterside at Coquina Key SOUTH is a fantastic complex of condos and townhouses all overlooking the water.
Absolute paradise with great neighbours, security as tight as a camel's ass in a sandstorm, two pools, a gym,tennis courts, a friendly HOA and a really great bar with cheap drinks and eats.
Who could want for more ?
You noted SOUTH...... there are two Watersides correct? If this is correct can you provide a link to the right one.

I think I visited one and I literally had to drive through a very, well to be quite honest rough looking neighborhood I dont think I'd want to walk through during the day much less at night.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:52 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachInTheCity View Post
You noted SOUTH...... there are two Watersides correct? If this is correct can you provide a link to the right one.

I think I visited one and I literally had to drive through a very, well to be quite honest rough looking neighborhood I dont think I'd want to walk through during the day much less at night.
Coquina Key is fine - why else would people buy million dollar homes there ?
Like any city there are 'hoods and Waterside South is easily approached avoiding rough neighborhoods.
We like to think of it as a slice of paradise right on the water.
But if you're looking to buy or rent make sure you go to SOUTH.

Here's the Facebook page.We have great sport nights in the bar after spending the day by the pool.

www.facebook.com/watersideck

www.coquinakeyrentals.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay