Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:00 PM

485 posts, read 1,012,065 times

Advertisements

According to the TV news, the City of Gulfport is going to start clamping down on the following code violations:

/ Remove non-operable/unregistered vehicles parked in the front yard
/ Require edging of curbs or street/edges; trimming of landscaping
/ Define lawn furniture and prohibit all others for outdoor use
/ Define and limit the number of boats, trailers, recreation vehicles in front yards
/ Shorten time debris can sit on curb from seven to three days
/ Get garbage cans out of street view
/ Specify how many and where recreation vehicles can be stored

I wish ALL of Tampa Bay had these kinds of codes. Then maybe the region would look a whole lot better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 04:51 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Most, if not all, incorporated areas have codes like these. It's just that most places have certain levels of priorities and some of these are pretty petty.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:54 PM

I would not consider any of these to be "petty." If you want to maintain a standard of living and keep your property values at a decent level, you don't consider these things to be "petty." You consider them to be crucial.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:19 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,387,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Most, if not all, incorporated areas have codes like these. It's just that most places have certain levels of priorities and some of these are pretty petty.
gulfport is a perfect example of codes being the polar opposite of "petty."

the place is mostly a dump.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:23 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
gulfport is a perfect example of codes being the polar opposite of "petty."

the place is mostly a dump.
Maybe along parts of 49th Street, but the rest of the city ranges from decent to nice.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:27 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedition View Post
According to the TV news, the City of Gulfport is going to start clamping down on the following code violations:

/ Remove non-operable/unregistered vehicles parked in the front yard
/ Require edging of curbs or street/edges; trimming of landscaping
/ Define lawn furniture and prohibit all others for outdoor use
/ Define and limit the number of boats, trailers, recreation vehicles in front yards
/ Shorten time debris can sit on curb from seven to three days
/ Get garbage cans out of street view
/ Specify how many and where recreation vehicles can be stored

I wish ALL of Tampa Bay had these kinds of codes. Then maybe the region would look a whole lot better.
This seems almost laughable to me. I think Gulfport is a cute, quirky, bohemian place - the LAST place most of the above would seem to matter. The only reason Gulfport is anything at all is because of artsiness of the area, never struck me as an "anal" sort of place. If all of a sudden it becomes like a gated hoa, then it's just another run-down suburb of St Pete.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 PM

Maintaining a certain standard of cleanliness and order is not "anal." I am aghast that you guys would want to live next to dumps.

And yes, I consider a dump to be a property where the owner parks cars on their lawn and leaves them there, or someone who leaves their garbage/yard waste all over the yard or sidewalk or street, or someone who parks a couple of sofas from 1979 on the front lawn.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:08 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,387,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedition View Post
Maintaining a certain standard of cleanliness and order is not "anal." I am aghast that you guys would want to live next to dumps.

And yes, I consider a dump to be a property where the owner parks cars on their lawn and leaves them there, or someone who leaves their garbage/yard waste all over the yard or sidewalk or street, or someone who parks a couple of sofas from 1979 on the front lawn.
yep

Old 10-24-2011, 08:18 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
Parts of Gulfport are nice, parts are ghetto. It's night and day depending on what street you are on... there are clashes between the recent "bohemian" people as you might say, and the long time "locals"

Old 10-26-2011, 07:04 PM

929 posts, read 2,723,802 times
I think unincorporated Pinellas County has many of the same codes. Several years ago, the Pinellas Cty. Sheriff's Office had Deputies assigned to Community Policing. I know many of the deputies worked in areas like Bardmoor where the deputies did some code enforcement such as inoperative vehicles etc. I think most of that was stopped in 2008 when PCSO was required to cut most specialty units. Pinellas County Code Enforcement is probably spread to thin to do anything like described in the 1st post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay